SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: PRS Mira 25th Anniversary

What's Hot
CHrisP86CHrisP86 Frets: 360
edited July 2015 in Guitars £

As per the title, I'm looking for another Mira as they just suit me perfectly. Ideally looking for something a bit different to the standard Mira,  the 25th anniversary (or maybe Korina) one would fit the bill.

Thanks

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SimpleSimonSimpleSimon Frets: 1025
    Mira prices are on the rise since the introduction of the S2 line people are realising how good they were. Foolishly sold mine last year and barely seen one for sale since. I reckon youll need to up your budget a wee bit but good luck with the hunt!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • EartrumpetEartrumpet Frets: 98
    Mira prices are on the rise since the introduction of the S2 line people are realising how good they were. Foolishly sold mine last year and barely seen one for sale since. I reckon youll need to up your budget a wee bit but good luck with the hunt!
    I agree with you.
    I couldn't get a 25th Anniversary Mira, had to import one!!

I have a powder Blue 2008 Mira that i am toying with moving on, i just think i will regret selling it if i do....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CHrisP86CHrisP86 Frets: 360
    I know it's a long shot with current budget, especially if I want something a bit unusual.

An original mira in the cherry colour just sold on eBay for £500 though to be fair. Forgot to bid but admittedly I don't really want 2 of exactly the same guitar.

Would be interested in a powder blue one though...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Thanks. Yeah, have been keeping an eye on that one as well but still not sure I want another cherry one.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    The Korina ones and more exotic ones go for more like £1000+ I missed out on a maple top model recently so they are out there. Looks like at least three of us are on the lookout! Seriously good guitars and very under rated.

• photekphotek Frets: 1470
    The Korina ones and more exotic ones go for more like £1000+ I missed out on a maple top model recently so they are out there. Looks like at least three of us are on the lookout! Seriously good guitars and very under rated.

I am not convinced about that chap. I keep an eye out for them and haven't seen any actually sell for over £700 in a long time, most go for £500 - £600 in the UK. I had one for a while and agree they are great guitars, just wish there were more 22 fretters about.
    Prices do seem really varied. Actually like the look of that gumtree one, well the case mainly. Might make contact.

Thirded that they are great guitars. Very versatile.
    photek said:

I am not convinced about that chap. I keep an eye out for them and haven't seen any actually sell for over £700 in a long time, most go for £500 - £600 in the UK. I had one for a while and agree they are great guitars, just wish there were more 22 fretters about.

both World Guitars and Sound Effects premier have managed to sell Miras in the past month for £1000 s/h......

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • keithfkeithf Frets: 372
    edited June 2015
    some one on one of the facebook pages just put a cherry one on for 600 quid !
    Disregard, its an s2

thats a nice one and great price given its condition, has the nice velvet case and birds.....

• A couple just sold on eBay for £500. Tempted by both but imperfect feedback for both which put me off a little bit. Seems silly for the money! Fwiw 2 s2 Miras were sold by coda for £600 used within about a day of being listed.

CHrisP86 said:

As per the title, I'm looking for another Mira as they just suit me perfectly. Ideally looking for something a bit different to the standard Mira, maybe one of the 25th anniversary or Korina ones.

I know the budget is a bit tight but let me know what you have and I might be able to stretch.  Can throw in a POD HD300 as part of a deal or possibly thinking about selling my Cornford MK50 if that appeals to anyone.

Thanks

A little over budget but i think it is still for sale. I have one of these and they are well worth the dosh

http://www.adverts.ie/electric-guitars/prs-mira/7349979

Yeah, I played a 25th anniversary Mira in guitar village a while ago.  They do sound very sweet and is probably what I ideally want.

Still tempted by the one on gumtree but it's almost identical to the one I currently have...

Anyone got/had regular and/or wide thin neck carve Mira's?

The one I have at the moment is wide thin but wondering how much difference the thicker neck makes.

For what it is worth, my 08 Mira has a  pattern regular neck and feels pretty good. However the neck on my 25th Anniversary has a big baseball bat neck. Never thought i would get on with the fat necks, but got used to it in no time. For me the fat neck is better feels really comfortable i like it a lot and bizarrely my hand does not seem to get so tired

Thanks!

For some reason I thought the 25th anniversary ones all had pattern thin necks but I guess not.  Still very tempted by the one on gumtree but I think it is just too similar, going to hold out for something a bit different.

• ParkerParker Frets: 961
    I really wanted to like the Mira as I'm a Britpop child, but when I tried them the neck felt really dry and scratchy. Guess they may have matured and broken in over a few years but do try before you buy as the QC didn't fill me with joy.
    Not sure of the Britpop connection, never actually saw Steve Craddock actually play one outside of an advert. Sounds like the one you tried had a dry fretboard? Ive always found the Rosewood on PRS guitars to be top notch.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom