SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: PRS Mira 25th Anniversary

What's Hot

Comments

• ParkerParker Frets: 961
    It was more than one. I had cash in my pocket to buy one but each one I tried was dry. It was at Music Live in Brum when they first came out.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CHrisP86CHrisP86 Frets: 360
    Were they original Mira's or the new S2 ones?  I've found the various S2 guitars I've played to be a bit hit or miss.  You have to try a few to find a good one.
  • ParkerParker Frets: 961
    edited June 2015
    Full USA model. Perhaps they rushed a batch to the UK, but every one felt the same. I havent touched one since.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23533
    CHrisP86 said:

Thanks!

For some reason I thought the 25th anniversary ones all had pattern thin necks but I guess not.  Still very tempted by the one on gumtree but I think it is just too similar, going to hold out for something a bit different.

I think the 25th Anniversary Mira pre-dated the "Pattern" neck profiles, it had the Regular (aka Standard) profile and was the only Mira (apart from the Mira X and now the S2 models) with a 22 fret neck.  It also had a 24.5" scale.

The original Mira had 24 frets, 25" scale and either a Wide Thin or Regular neck.

The Regular's a little narrower at the nut than the Wide Thin but a little thicker front to back.  It's not a big neck though, I don't think you'd notice a massive difference from the Wide Thin.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SidNewtonSidNewton Frets: 665
    For what it is worth, my 08 Mira has a  pattern regular neck and feels pretty good. However the neck on my 25th Anniversary has a big baseball bat neck. Never thought i would get on with the fat necks, but got used to it in no time. For me the fat neck is better feels really comfortable i like it a lot and bizarrely my hand does not seem to get so tired

I have a 25th Anniversary Mira. I would not describe it as a baseball bat, it's no thicker than some of the wide/thin necks I've owned in the past. My Teles 'U' shaped neck is noticeably thicker.

Philly_Q said:
    CHrisP86 said:

Thanks!

For some reason I thought the 25th anniversary ones all had pattern thin necks but I guess not.  Still very tempted by the one on gumtree but I think it is just too similar, going to hold out for something a bit different.

I think the 25th Anniversary Mira pre-dated the "Pattern" neck profiles, it had the Regular (aka Standard) profile and was the only Mira (apart from the Mira X and now the S2 models) with a 22 fret neck.  It also had a 24.5" scale.

The original Mira had 24 frets, 25" scale and either a Wide Thin or Regular neck.

The Regular's a little narrower at the nut than the Wide Thin but a little thicker front to back.  It's not a big neck though, I don't think you'd notice a massive difference from the Wide Thin.

The 25th Anniversary does indeed have the 'Standard' neck carve. You're also correct about the number of frets and scale length. It also has P90 pickups, Seymour Duncans I believe.
  • EartrumpetEartrumpet Frets: 98

SidNewton said:
    For what it is worth, my 08 Mira has a  pattern regular neck and feels pretty good. However the neck on my 25th Anniversary has a big baseball bat neck. Never thought i would get on with the fat necks, but got used to it in no time. For me the fat neck is better feels really comfortable i like it a lot and bizarrely my hand does not seem to get so tired

I have a 25th Anniversary Mira. I would not describe it as a baseball bat, it's no thicker than some of the wide/thin necks I've owned in the past. My Teles 'U' shaped neck is noticeably thicker.

Philly_Q said:
    CHrisP86 said:

Thanks!

The 25th Anniversary does indeed have the 'Standard' neck carve. You're also correct about the number of frets and scale length. It also has P90 pickups, Seymour Duncans I believe.

Agree with scale and fret numbers. Changed my P90s out for some BKPs
    My 25th may be a freak neck? It is definitely fatter than my mates Gibson R9 if that is any guide. No matter, i love anyhoo!!

• EartrumpetEartrumpet Frets: 98
    Sorry guys, been a right bellend and posted the same comment 4 times on the trot.... not good with techmology.
    Ask mods to remove as i can't figure out how to delete unwanted comments

Again sorry all
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    The 25th Anniversary's one of the few Mira models I haven't owned, along with the Mira Mapletop.  I've had an original, a Korina, a Mira X, S2 and S2 Semi-Hollow.  So I like the concept, but none of them have quite perfected it!   :D
    Parker said:
    Full USA model. Perhaps they rushed a batch to the UK, but every one felt the same. I havent touched one since.

Odd.

@Philly_Q What did you think of the Korina one?  If funds improve there are a couple of Custom 24 Korina's around that I'd be tempted by. 

Although I also now for some reason want a Suhr Modern Frost.  Attention span must be shorter than I thought.

The Korina Mira was great, I probably liked it better than my original Mira although the korina vs mahogany didn't make a huge difference, IMO.  I think korina sounds a little brighter, perhaps, than mahogany but there's a sort of soft edge to that brightness which is very pleasing.

The only thing which bugged me - because I am obsessive about such things - is that most of the korina PRS guitars had 2 or 3 piece bodies because they simply couldn't get big enough pieces of wood.  Mine was a 3 piece, no detrimental effect on the sound I'm sure but you could see the joins in the cutaways.  I've seen a few korina McCartys with 1-piece bodies but never a Mira.

Fair enough.  

Anyone know what pickups are in the Korina Standard 24's?  Some have covered pickups some uncovered and I didn't think PRS made covered versions of the HFS/Vintage Bass.
    Good news!  Just checked my bank and have had some interest paid in which means I now have £643 to spend.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stezzer99stezzer99 Frets: 13
    Hi check out my listing
  • PlukkyPlukky Frets: 282
    stezzer99 said:
    Hmmm... 750>643

OP - good luck, a used Mira is great value for money - my 2007 has survived numerous rounds of me deciding to sell it to fund something "better" and then changing my mind once I plug it in...
    Thanks, slightly over budget (and out of travel radius). Although it's also identical to my vintage cherry Mira with birds and I would prefer something a bit different.
    Ok no probs, good luck .....Wasn't someone selling a blue one recently?
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Sorry, not trying to step on anyone's toes....