vibrating PUP in LP

What's Hot
HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16071

any harm in putting some foam underneath the pick up?

I have narrowed the rattle down to the PUP....when I place finger on it...heh prestae the buzzin' stops

tae be or not tae be
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Nah won't do harm.

My scratchplate on the strat buzzes at some frequencies. It's annoying but not noticeable at volume, nor does it affect anything but silent practice.
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16960
    do whatever works as long as its non invasive.

When i took my 96 epi apart a couple of years ago i found blue tack i had added under the neck pickup when it was brand new.   i used the blue tack to find the rattle then left some in their as a temp fix.... the rattle never returned in 15 years
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ElwoodElwood Frets: 455
    Are the springs on the pickup ring loose and ineffective. A couple of longer springs might increase the tension and stop the rattle.
  • streethawkstreethawk Frets: 1634
    Foam will do it.
  • zenzeypherzenzeypher Frets: 265
    nothing wrong with that. I usually pack foam under p90s and leave little notes. I quite like what fender are doing with the surgical tuning and wondering if I can do the same on my LP.
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16071
    nothing wrong with that. I usually pack foam under p90s and leave little notes. I quite like what fender are doing with the surgical tuning and wondering if I can do the same on my LP.
    eh?
    tae be or not tae be
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    I thought Gibson were doing the surgical tuning thing with their robot tuners.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom