So...it's a TC Clip

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    Just get an earvana nut and it really does make a difference for open chords (to ny ears at least)
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7974
    Hertz32 said:
    Just get an earvana nut and it really does make a difference for open chords (to ny ears at least)

But then what happens when you have more than one guitarist and the other one doesn't have the compensated nut?
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74470
    Cirrus said:
    Does the accuracy really matter that much? I mean, surely fretting finger pressure/ the difference between equal and just temperament is enough to swamp the difference between being half a cent out or two hundredths of a cent? Or am I being dumb? That does happen…
    No, you're not being dumb. Anything finer than +/- 1 cent is probably unnecessary, and certainly +/- 0.5 cent. Anything more than that is just bragging rights and marketing to people who have to be absolutely precisely in tune until they fret a note.

If you don't think so then just get a strobe tuner and watch what happens to the pitch when you vary finger pressure or put the slightest accidental bend on a string... the kind you do when playing chords.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Are the TC tuners decent enough for intonating your guitar? I've had my Korg Pithcblak for years now and could do with something new.
  • EdGripEdGrip Frets: 736
    I got over-excited and pre-ordered one of these. ^_^
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2372
    My 3 month old daughter has now cleaned enough chimneys to magically be able to afford one for Father's Day. So its on order :-)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BlueingreenBlueingreen Frets: 2716
    I'd be interested in how it copes with a noisy room.  I really like the Snark at home but in a band rehearsal with a lot of noise going on it gets confused and useless.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
  • I just can't bring myself to care about a clip on tuner. I religiously use my boss tu3 on my pedalboard and for live acoustic stuff and usea korg mimicrophone tuner for acoustic at home.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12333
    I like clip on tuners, especially when noodling at home on the sofa not having to go to the pedalboard to check.