Well, this is definitely something I've never seen before. Shred neck.

What's Hot

Comments

• usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    I don't get it..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33826
    Practice tool. They aren't that useful really.
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7962
    edited June 2015
    octatonic said:
    Practice tool. They aren't that useful really.

Yes I assumed as much.  But only useful for hammer on/pull off stuff because there's no where you can feasibly pick, plus positioning is mega compromised...  It just looks like a bad idea in general!
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    I think it has all the visual appeal of a dildo with none of the usefulness.
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2356
    I don't think Rich Tone even know what it is according to their description.  50.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BarneyBarney Frets: 616
    i have one of them i use when i havnt a guitar handy ..i find it useful for picking practice as it has a hollowed out 1st fret...i think its handy for practicing scales as well cos you have to visualise the scale rather rely on the pitch of the notes cos all you get from it is a ping....cant pllay any tune on it

i think if its used as a portable practice aid like what its aimed at its not a bad idea...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Barney said:
    ..i find it useful for picking practice as it has a hollowed out 1st fret...
    I just thought it was strung lefty.

That makes more sense, and so the headstock rests on your thigh?  Or you have to play it stood up?
    guitarfishbay;674401" said:
    Barney said:
    u

That makes more sense, and so the headstock rests on your thigh?  Or you have to play it stood up?
    yeah the headstock is on you thigh...i just grip it with my left hand like i would pick up a normal guitar and use for picking various combinations ...then if i wanted to practice a scale or whatever ...hold it with my righthand
    then practice the scale ..the good thing is you have to visualise the scale ..

. i think if they are used for what they are aimed at they are good practice tools when you dont have a guitar ..but they are not a musical instrument
  • MattFGBIMattFGBI Frets: 1602
    Just practice on a guitar. 
    This is not an official response. 

contactemea@fender.com 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 11reaction image Wisdom
    Barney said:
    guitarfishbay;674401" said:
    Barney said:
    u

yeah the headstock is on you thigh...i just grip it with my left hand like i would pick up a normal guitar and use for picking various combinations ...then if i wanted to practice a scale or whatever ...hold it with my righthand

. i think if they are used for what they are aimed at they are good practice tools when you dont have a guitar ..but they are not a musical instrument

Thanks for explaining.  That makes more sense.

I guess it works for practice when you are away and can't take a full size guitar.
    MattFGBI;674412" said:
    obviously guitar is a lot better to practice on but you cant carry a guitar everywhere you go ....these will fit in a carrier bag...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    guitarfishbay;674415" said:
    Barney said:

guitarfishbay;674401" said:Barney said:

u

Thanks for explaining.  That makes more sense.

I guess it works for practice when you are away and can't take a full size guitar.
    yeah thats exactly what its for ....they can be used at work in dinner breaks or anywhere...or works van ect..
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
    It's an old idea anyway, you could get stuff like that in the 80s
  • kossofffankossofffan Frets: 549
    Who's gonna tell 'em about the TC Mojo Mojo they have up secondhand for £49. :)
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6145
    Seems like a perfectly good waste of strings to me.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • BogwhoppitBogwhoppit Frets: 2754
    MattFGBI said:
    That stifles innovation...just look at the 2015 Gibson range ;)

• GuyBodenGuyBoden Frets: 745

axisus said:
    It's an old idea anyway, you could get stuff like that in the 80s
    I think in the early 1880's the great classical guitarist Fernando Sor drew a Guitar's fretboard on paper, so that he could practice when he was in the military.
    "Music makes the rules, music is not made from the rules."
  • MayneheadMaynehead Frets: 1782
    I'd use it to walk onto a show with it strapped infront of me... would be hilarious.
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3458
    Barney said:
    i think its handy for practicing scales
    But practicing scales is practicing how they sound :) The mechanical part of picking them is probably the least interesting aspect of practicing scales.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    I love the way it's got strap buttons like you're gonna march out on stage and do great big windmill power chords a la Pete Townsend.
    Surely your playing's not going to suffer that much because you're away from a guitar for a day or two.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom