Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

What is the most expensive item/thing you own?

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• viz said:
    Which is pretty cheap.
    That reminds me. 

A few minutes after she was born when I was addled from two days without sleep. The midwife made the usual cooing about how lovely she was and how big (9' 10") and that was the biggest they'd had in a while. 
    I attempted a joke, but exhaustion meant my sense of humour had gone a bit wrong so I said "Yeah, and if we got all the babies in here and made them fight to the death I bet mine would win"
    She looked at me as if I had said it in all seriousness. 
    and did it?
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17872
    tFB Trader
    and did it?
    I wasn't allowed.

Health and safety gone mad. 
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16945
    who knows.  

I have a 1937 reso here that cost me £400 ish.  I have seen less rare models hanging in london guitar  shops for at least 3 times that so is my possession actually worth £1200+ or £400-.  I don't know and i don't need or intend to sell.

I also have a late 70's john birch les paul.  I paid less than £400 without original pickups and severe damage.  a pair of original pickups won't often go for less than £1k on ebay yet complete JB's often go for less than that.  Luckily i now have a set i got in a trade, just a shame the pickups are worth more out of the guitar than in it... and they sound really good in it...... and its a labour of love.  i don't expect to find another set anytime soon and they won't be for sale.  by the time i pass them onto future grandchilren i doubt anyone will care enough to pay that price for them.  but hopefully someone down the line will share my love of (all, but especially british) guitar builing

Then i have a house i paid £74k for in 2004 that has just been valued at £77k.    i don't want to think about how dated it was in 2004 and how it is now worth so little more after we have spent at least 15k modernising over the years(seriously.  added central heating and new combi boiler. stripped multiple layers of anylglypta and  re done every single room , new kitchen and bathroom done to a high standard(2k just on a bristan thermeostatic shower and taps to match), re-rendered all outside with new guttering, drainage and fascias etc....).  its not even like 2004 was the peak of the boom... it was just as the boom was kicking off

• Seeing as we're discounting the stuff mentioned in the O.P, it has to be the Ruokangas VSOP Custom, it clocks just above the Bogner rig and the contents of the P.B (If you count those 2 as 1 item) @ £2900

I know it's obscene, but I really wanted one.

There's going to be a lot of Gear on this thread.

;)
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    bertie said:
    mrs bert
    is she aware that you own her?
    play every note as if it were your first
  • Thing is as a lot of us have quoted musical bits of kit as the most expensive piece of kit we own we are deluding ourselves .... we all know but ignore the fact that that piece of kit we think is worth millions is actually worth bugger all when we try to sell it (cynical moi?)   
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    That may be true, but everything else I own is worth fuck all and at least one of you GAS hounds would chuck me a few hundred notes for my gear if I needed to flog it. 
  • maltingsaudiomaltingsaudio Frets: 3171
    edited October 2013
    Chuck you 3 for your missus
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
    edited October 2013 tFB Trader
    Chuck you 3 for your missus
    You are making the wrong assumption about who owns who. 
    Still, she'd probably sell me to you for a tenner. 
    I can't cook mind.
  • I can cook just need me washing done and house cleaned
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28354
    That reminds me. 

A few minutes after she was born when I was addled from two days without sleep. The midwife made the usual cooing about how lovely she was and how big (9' 10") and that was the biggest they'd had in a while. 
    I attempted a joke, but exhaustion meant my sense of humour had gone a bit wrong so I said "Yeah, and if we got all the babies in here and made them fight to the death I bet mine would win"
    She looked at me as if I had said it in all seriousness. 
    Did I read that right? Your baby was 9 foot ten inches tall!?!?! Bloody hell, that's must have made the wife's eyes water!

I reckon she'd have eaten the other babies as snacks!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom