Clocks...

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    My point being - it would be dark at 9am here without the time change.

The safety of children en route to school is more important than adults grumbling over alarm clocks.
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    edited October 2013
    You could have GMT ALL year round and still be safe. Safer, in fact, because of driver not being disoriented by a gratuitious clock change in the spring
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • vizviz Frets: 10778
    My idea is still the best. One time zone, but we adjust the size of minutes accordingly, day by day, so on the summer solstice they last about 94 seconds, and in winter they last about 26 seconds.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • viz said:
    My idea is still the best. One time zone, but we adjust the size of minutes accordingly, day by day, so on the summer solstice they last about 94 seconds, and in winter they last about 26 seconds.
    Play havoc with your bpm
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
  • vizviz Frets: 10778
    Just have to play faster or slower depending on the date. simple.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6423
    Lixarto said:

The safety of children en route to school is more important than adults grumbling over alarm clocks.
    I never got that - you either go to or come home in darkness ..... Most workers are in darkness both ends of the day either way ....
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2756
    My car clock is now correct!  It's the only clock I have to manually adjust so I'm looking forward to arriving at rehearsal on time tonight for a change :)
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13578
     because of driver not being disoriented by a gratuitious clock change in the spring
    who the hell gets 'disorientated'  by  that........(apart from you of course)

:D

Jalapeno said:
    Lixarto said:

I never got that - you either go to or come home in darkness ..... Most workers are in darkness both ends of the day either way ....
    uh, school children aren't tho - stems back to the days when kids actually WALKED to school, and in the country that could be a couple of miles
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.

• bertie said:
     because of driver not being disoriented by a gratuitious clock change in the spring
    who the hell gets 'disorientated'  by  that........(apart from you of course)

:D

In which case there's even less case for buggering about with the clocks
  • CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549
    Jalapeno said:
    Lixarto said:

I guess the morning slot overlaps with the rush hour more than the afternoon slot? Dunno.
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Lixarto said:

It would be a problem if kids actually walked to school.
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    What pisses me off is that France and Spain, is an hour ahead of the UK, but Portugal (stuck further out west and inline with Ireland) is the same time zone. It doesn't make sense to be in different time zones when in similar longitudes.