Extremely belated NGD...Jaden Rose Tele

What's Hot

Comments

• guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7964
    You can't prove anything!

Plus anyway some of us have standards, one garden gnome is not a wowable amount of garden accessories.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26925
    You can't prove anything!

Plus anyway some of us have standards, one garden gnome is not a wowable amount of garden accessories.
    Oi! There's a couple of frogs in there too, I'll have you know!
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JadenJaden Frets: 251
    DLM said:

Would the eight people who've posted in this thread before me care to explain exactly why they have not wowed the OP?!

Is there a fault with the forum software?! 

duly wow'd, but then I would, wouldn't I !!   :)
    Jaden Rose Guitars :: Jaden Rose Guitars on Facebook :: My Facebook :: YouTube

The young do not know enough to be prudent, therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it, generation after generation.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17718
    edited July 2015 tFB Trader
    Jaden said:
    DLM said:

Would the eight people who've posted in this thread before me care to explain exactly why they have not wowed the OP?!

Dude, make this a standard model.

Us blues dads want to shred too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    guitarfishbay said:
    How do you find those stainless steel frets?

I'm intrigued by stainless frets, too, and read this the other day: http://avhguitarrepair.com/repair-blog/stainless-steel-frets-hmm/

Here's the author's client list: http://avhguitarrepair.com/clients/ Not too shabby...

Despite his opinions, I'm still tempted.

DLM said:
    guitarfishbay said:
    How do you find those stainless steel frets?

I'm intrigued by stainless frets, too, and read this the other day: http://avhguitarrepair.com/repair-blog/stainless-steel-frets-hmm/

Here's the author's client list: http://avhguitarrepair.com/clients/ Not too shabby...

Despite his opinions, I'm still tempted.

Fair enough, but I have to say that I haven't noticed any wear or deadening problems with my Elixirs.

There are definite benefits in the long run, as long as your luthier doesn't mind destroying his tools with every guitar.
    <space for hire>
    Being as I'm a not-too-subtle advocate for the brand, I'm more than happy for any forumites to stop in and have a play with the Tele (and the S2) if they're passing by Stamford on the A1.

As long as they understand that the experience will no doubt have them working out how to explain the subsequent hole in the bank balance, and I bear no liability for that ;)
    <space for hire>
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Very nice in a "fit as f"ck" way.
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12981
    Little bit metal for my tastes but I quite like that. Sure it's a great instrument!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JadenJaden Frets: 251
    Jaden said:
    DLM said:

Dude, make this a standard model.

Us blues dads want to shred too.
    I think I will y'know.  I really enjoyed making it and its something different yet still has the hallmarks of anything else I make.. I like it!  I like it a lot..

Jaden Rose Guitars :: Jaden Rose Guitars on Facebook :: My Facebook :: YouTube

The young do not know enough to be prudent, therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it, generation after generation.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Yeah I think the selector looks in a good place, out of the way while playing but within reach.

The original Tele control plate is a frustrating design if you switch from bridge to neck often.  There is a company that does a better spaced one though.
    I forgot to mention - there's an interesting technique which has developed in my playing because of that switch. On the Series 2, it's a much taller toggle with a lighter action so it's easy to flick with the little finger. This one's shorter and has a heavier action, so it's easy enough to flick from bridge to neck with my little finger, but I actually found myself using the pick to hit it with a downstroke in the other direction. Kinda like string-skipping on steroids :)

I do this a lot in the middle of solos, often in the middle of fast legato runs, so it actually works out quite well. Certainly couldn't do that with a standard Tele control plate, or a PRS-style one. I can just about do it on a Strat, but it's not easy at all. 
    <space for hire>
    Jaden said:
    I think I will y'know.  I really enjoyed making it and its something different yet still has the hallmarks of anything else I make.. I like it!  I like it a lot..

...I presume it's a little late to claim copyright? :D
    <space for hire>
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2384
    Excellent :D
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2028
    Fantastic!
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2173
    That looks like a quality piece of kit. Lovely neck congratulations. :D
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • ElwoodElwood Frets: 455
    Lovely! The Wenge/Purple heart necks are excellent.

I've got a Jaden Rose being built and aside from frets and Gotoh hardware it's totally different from this. The guitars he makes are very diverse while being very recognisable in design.

What sort of switching has yours got?
    Elwood said:
    Mine's just plain ol' bridge/both/neck, with volume and tone. My S2 has a coil split, but I barely ever use it. The Little '59s have exactly the right amount of single-coiliness that I want, blended with the pure grunt of being high-output HBs.

Are you getting a Glaive, then?
    <space for hire>
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8798
    DLM;706136" said:
    axisus 11:48AM

Bucket 11:34AM

guitarfishbay 12:02PM

monquixote 12:26PM

mrchi 11:38AM

Roland 12:13PM

thorpy6 12:41PM

vasselmeyer 11:55AM

The wow belongs to Jaden, whereas digitalscream doesn't deserve one because he hid it from us for so many months
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ElwoodElwood Frets: 455
    Elwood said:
    Mine's just plain ol' bridge/both/neck, with volume and tone. My S2 has a coil split, but I barely ever use it. The Little '59s have exactly the right amount of single-coiliness that I want, blended with the pure grunt of being high-output HBs.

Are you getting a Glaive, then?
    I'm getting a Series 2 with upgraded spec. It's the one on the right.

Seeing this thread makes me look forward to it even more. I'm trying a set of Scrapyard Dog + in it with a coil split in the middle position. Sadly it might even be the last series 2 ever made. :(
    Elwood said:
    I'm getting a Series 2 with upgraded spec. It's the one on the right.

Seeing this thread makes me look forward to it even more. I'm trying a set of Scrapyard Dog + in it with a coil split in the middle position. Sadly it might even be the last series 2 ever made. :(
    Extremely nice :)

I've got a Nightfighter in the bridge of my S2, and a Scrapyard Dog in the neck. The SD in the neck sounds very nice, I don't think you'll be disappointed.
    <space for hire>