New Hendrix Doc on TV tonight

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Just watched on I Player. I did enjoy it , in spite of Jani "Hendrix" . Funny to hear the tracks and watch the fingers playing something different.

I have a small theory about the smashing guitar thing. If you notice on stage he is often fighting to keep the strat in tune and has to tune it whilst playing , then one day he got so pissed off he smashed it up... Prob wrong , but nice thought
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9831

The bit seperating the three guitar tracks from Little Wing was great...I'm sure we'd all want to see more of that.

Yes, fascinating. Would indeed have liked more of this.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Just watched it, pretty moving at the end. Very humbling too, realising everything he achieved before he was even 27. Makes me feel like a bit of a failure at 28, lol.

What's with this Janie Hendrix then?
    My V key is broken
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited November 2013
    She's Jimi's adopted half sister (who hardly knew him). Now in control of his legacy after the father, Al, passed away. Lots of legal battles with Jimi's actual brother, Leon, who gets nothing. So there's lots of rewriting of the happy family story.
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Was she even alive while he was?
    My V key is broken
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited November 2013
    holnrew said:
    Was she even alive while he was?

She was a little girl when she was adopted. Met him a handful of times. There is a photo of them together that usually features quite prominently in these things.