Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Guilty musical pleasures....mmmm

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• I like all of the other six nations national anthems more than the England one.

Except the Welsh one - that's just as bad.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    edited November 2013

Right, I'm going to trump all of you fuckers with this little gem of mine, which admittedly I haven't played for ages because I no longer own a turntable, but it's guaranteed to get your foot tapping with the rhythm of those cylinders!

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee189/chillidoggy/Odds/41Pwt1Pz0OL_zps89ef9979.jpg

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73104
    edited November 2013

Right, I'm going to trump all of you fuckers with this little gem of mine, which admittedly I haven't played for ages because I no longer own a turntable, but it's guaranteed to get your foot tapping with the rhythm of those cylinders!

Sadly I can't find a picture of it, but I had the similar "This Is York", a recording of various steam trains recorded at York station. In my defence it was a present when I was about 6 :). I'm not guilty because I don't have it any more.

Edit: Aha!

Although this is an earlier version by the look of it - mine had a more 1970s-looking colour sleeve.

If I had any Gary Glitter records any more I'd probably be guilty about that too, but I don't. (It was only a couple of 45s I think, maybe only one, I don't remember.)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• RocknRollDave;72070" said:
    I quite like Taylor Swift's current album, Red.

Apart from that my main guilty pleasure is The Alarm's "Change" album, which I still listen to fairly regularly.
    Some of her early stuff is good too - i love the short wah influenced solo on "the other side of the door".
  • I think drums are better than guitars. Also melody is over-rated and chords are gay.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ