Jaguar Pickups?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 11877
    edited November 2013 tFB Trader
    But a tapped p90... Yum. Vintage output through to mega liquid lead p90 at the flick of a switch.

Could something similar work on a bucker? My build has master volume, tone and a blend pot, but a switch could be put in between the blend and the pickups to control a shunt - so it would have a vintage mode and a modern mode. Not sure if it would be possible on a humbucker, they're already stuffed with wire...
    I may be getting some help on the workforce front here at Oily Towers shortly ... so some of my back burner projects can be fully realised ... after I'm freed up from queuing at the post office for the 'Oily post out' ... and maybe relieved of the mindless drudgery of entering up invoices :)
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • But a tapped p90... Yum. Vintage output through to mega liquid lead p90 at the flick of a switch.

Could something similar work on a bucker? My build has master volume, tone and a blend pot, but a switch could be put in between the blend and the pickups to control a shunt - so it would have a vintage mode and a modern mode. Not sure if it would be possible on a humbucker, they're already stuffed with wire...
    I may be getting some help on the workforce front here at Oily Towers shortly ... so some of my back burner projects can be fully realised ... after I'm freed up from queuing at the post office for the 'Oily post out' ... and maybe relieved of the mindless drudgery of entering up invoices :)
    Neat-o.  And help on the workforce?! Oil city is expanding!

Congratulations - genuinely well chuffed it's working out well.  Course, a quality product and service all adds up... :)

Cool, well I'll be in touch when I'm financially ready - no idea if it's feasible, but as I'm using 500k pots, coil splits always sound a bit weird really.  If not, have no fear - you'll be getting my custom regardless ;)
    tFB Trader
    I'll be doing the story of the flying V shortly ... with it's bloody fantastic new Stetsbar trem system and it's V2 Venom bridge pickup ... chuffed with it's splitability
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12766
    This is all very interesting as I have a Squier Jaguar that the pickups are 'OK' on but not spectacular... 

I could do a before and after recording, Ash... ;-)
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

tFB Trader
    Hummmmmm I will be needing more demos in the new year :) I'll tag some covers and claws on my next US order ....

• JadedJaded Frets: 129
    ICBM said:
    Tapped Jag pickups would be great. There's even an extra switch on the Jag which could be pressed into service to tap them, since hardly anyone actually uses the bass cut. If you did the rewire for series switching as well that would make for a seriously versatile guitar, going from 'vintage' in parallel to 'hot' in series, as well as the individual pickups.
    +1 The tapped pickups alone would be a ton of fun. I even have a Jaguar sitting about in need of some new pickups...
    tFB Trader
    When I next put an order in to my flatwork and cover suppliers I will get some Jag bits and do some 'Diesel Jags' :)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom