SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

PSA Gibson R9 £1800 in whitechapel

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• nikolas7333nikolas7333 Frets: 74
    edited September 2015
    All in a day's work.

The funny thing is, finding the original advert was as simple as copying and pasting the text of the fake one into Google. It's a good thing that scammers tend to be so lazy and/or stupid.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • If it is too good to be true....
    Guitar Bomb & Nembrini Audio Summer Giveaway 
  • Victor93 said:
    Why would 2007 guitars sell for more than 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009 etc?
    Because most people online agree that the Gibsons QC got a whole lot better in 2007 and the woods they started using were of better quality. You see I did not make this up.There are loads of forum posts about this. 
    There are loads of forum posts claiming loads of things, and some of the claims might even be true! Seriously, for every poster claiming that such and such a year was special or good wood, there's someone else saying the opposite. And all of those posts are just someone's opinion after all. Some of the mid to late 90s R9s have great flame tops and I think they did some double staining thing to make them look nicer, but those super flame tops don't generally look like 'real' 59 LPs, although some people really like them. Personally I think there are great and less great Historics from every year, and I think that the vast majority of the Internet-spread hype is just that.
    260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5640
    Victor93 said:
    2007's would sell for even a bit more than most other years, as some LP enthusiasts would swear that 2007, 2013 and 2014 were some of the best years since the original Gibsons came out.
    I've played Historic Les Pauls from a good selection of years and every year has its outstanding guitars, average guitars and dogs. The only year (or part of a year) that stands out from a resale perspective is 2003, when Gibson did a run of guitars with Brazilian rosewood fretboards. Even these guitars don't fetch anywhere near as much as people think they will in the second-hand market, and I say that as someone that owns one.
  • Even though, I do agree with everything you guys have said.. and I'm very much aware of those things. 
    There is a lot and I MEAN A LOT of people that stand by the 2007 CS production. I could go ahead and do a survey, but I'm honestly too lazy for that. 
    I personally don't care what anyone loves. I love my CS GT, and there were some CS's I didn't like. I have just pointed out what I've read and to me it seemed that those guitars were in quite a favour. I do realise that every single Gibson era has good and bad guitars... Yes, even some of the original 59's were crap.. and that's a well known fact. 
  • TrotterTrotter Frets: 516
    Interestingly this is not far away from mine serial number wise (mine is slightly higher) however mine was sold to me as a 2006. Are you sure this is an 07?
  • Trotter said:
    Interestingly this is not far away from mine serial number wise (mine is slightly higher) however mine was sold to me as a 2006. Are you sure this is an 07?
    The first digit ie 9 denotes the model - R9 59 reissue - the second digit denotes the year, in this case 7 for 2007.
    260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/