Friedman Pink Taco.. Holy cow batman!!!!!

What's Hot

Comments

• DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3307
    Me too.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3526
    In stock at GuitarGuitar now
  • leerockerleerocker Frets: 610
    Think I need some professional help as I am thinking of flogging my Pink Taco..
    you will miss it mate dont go through the pain i did!
  • I still have my brown eye matey :)
    I still have my brown eye matey :)
    true! forgot to say i got a custom mod on me new one, had an extra master volume fitted for the hbe channel = no pedals!
  • Sweeeeeeeet
  • MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1143
    I did a full band rehearsal with my taco this week, with a loud drummer, had it on 5 on the volume (which is fucking loud) and was running it clean on my neck pickup and full beef on the bridge, it sounded amazing, went straight in, no pedals, no board...proper old school and it was cool as fuck :D

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hey everyone,

need help making the final decision. I am in need of a Friedman and I was looking at the BE100 and almost pulled the trigger until I saw the Pink Taco which is 1/3 the cost. I am using this only in my studio and I absolutely love the You tube videos of the BE100 and love that tone. I know a few people here own both amps or at least played both so maybe you can give some guidance? 

For that classic rock AC/DC / Van Halen / Led Zep / ZZ top tones in a recording studio environment using a 4x12 25 watt greenback cab, will the Pink taco get the job done or is the tone that much better in the Be100 where it justifies the 3 times the cost? I know that is a 3 channel amp which I really don't need as I am not gigging live or anything. 

Any help would be so appreciated. Thank you
  • If you are down the south coast anytime soon I have both setup at my studio and you are welcome to try them in an isolated environment. If it's the brown eye sound you like the pink taco has it, Plenty of gain and similar characteristics. Just doesn't have the simple clean channel, which in the studio is also just as killer!!!
  • Thank you, I do appreciate the offer. I am from Connecticut and more than likely won't be down south in the near future. LOL....It's such a tough thing when /i can't go play a amp before buying it. Everything video I have seen onYou Tube, Both amps sound great. Usually amps sound like crap on you tube videos for a varitiy of reasons, but the Friedman amps all sound really nice. That Be-100 brown sound, sounds amazing. 

So you think the Pink Taco has the same brown sound, just with less features and only a single channel? I have read that the pink taco does not have a tapered volume control. Meaning, that is goes from quite to extremely loud very quickly, where as the BE100 has a lot more taper in its master volume. Do you have that same opinion? I do have a power attenuated so I can control the volume for recording purposes. 

Thank you again for your time  
  • No the pink taco has a very smooth taper just like the brown eye. If you can find a dealer then have a try on both amps.
    Yep the volume on the taco is good, you can always add a volume pedal in the loop if you want it even smoother

• There was a South park episode about the brown sound.
  • Ok, so it sounds like the Pink taco has that same "brown sound" the BE100 has, but with less features (different voicings etc.). So are you all using the 1x12 cab with the cream back celestion speaker? I have a 4x12 loaded with green backs currently and with my EVH 5150 III head that sounds pretty dam good but does not have the same tone as the Friedman amps, at least I can't fail that in. 

I wish there was a dealer in Connecticut so I could go try these amps but no one in CT carry's them in stock. As for the volume, I do have the Rivera Rockcrusher power attenuated so controlling the volume isn't an issue.

edited April 2014
    The PT sounds good at tv volumes too, i doubt you'd need an attenuator, i use mine with a 1x12 with a creamback and also a 4x12 when i get the chance :D

i had a 5153 before too and to my ears the tones are miles apart, especially for dynamics

edited April 2014

Ok, so it sounds like the Pink taco has that same "brown sound" the BE100 has, but with less features (different voicings etc.). So are you all using the 1x12 cab with the cream back celestion speaker? I have a 4x12 loaded with green backs currently and with my EVH 5150 III head that sounds pretty dam good but does not have the same tone as the Friedman amps, at least I can't fail that in. 

I wish there was a dealer in Connecticut so I could go try these amps but no one in CT carry's them in stock. As for the volume, I do have the Rivera Rockcrusher power attenuated so controlling the volume isn't an issue.

You wont need an attenuator with the friedman

Ive also been using a hardcore 5153 100 watt for around 3 years and i still have it but the friedman amp is my go to and tonally is a lot better than the the 5153
  • The PT has virtually the same pre-amp as the BE. The power on the PT aims at Vox chime so you get the best of both.The Sat voicing is basically a Tonefreak Naked OD built into the amp.Get the pedal and you have one of the voicings.

• Decided to keep hold of my PT, have been speaking with Dave Friedman about adding some magical mods to her so I will be shipping it off to Cali asap! Will give you the inside story once I know more.. ;)
  • Decided to keep hold of my PT, have been speaking with Dave Friedman about adding some magical mods to her so I will be shipping it off to Cali asap! Will give you the inside story once I know more.. ;)
    I'd be interested to know about shipping and import costs on this, the bast£rds nail you for everything nowadays when things come from the US ...so does Dave just charge the value of the mods for customs bill back into the UK?
  • DarrenDarren Frets: 169
    Decided to keep hold of my PT, have been speaking with Dave Friedman about adding some magical mods to her so I will be shipping it off to Cali asap! Will give you the inside story once I know more.. ;)
    I'd be interested to know about shipping and import costs on this, the bast£rds nail you for everything nowadays when things come from the US ...so does Dave just charge the value of the mods for customs bill back into the UK?
    As it's going back for a modification i think providing you have original proof of purchase there should be no customs fee coming back in as it's already been paid for on purchase of the amp itself..
    Personally on the safe side i would say it's going back for a "repair"..The only cost involved would be the shipping both ways and Dave's parts and labour for the mod.