I'm stuck in a super typhoon!

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• McToot said:
    If our broadband goes down just because an overhead line was molested by three passing leaves, can you imagine how long it'll be before Stu gets to a 3G covered area to let us know he's still with us...
    My Da was caught in a typhoon out there a year or two ago (it might even have been that "Bopha" - it was on the international news) and they had internet within a day. They are pretty efficient with that sort of thing in the Philipines - they get a lot of wind.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Just heard all about it on Jeremy Vine Good luck fella
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  •  they get a lot of wind.
    Probably because their diet isn't that good
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    http://uk.reuters.com/article/2013/11/09/uk-philippines-typhoon-idUKBRE9A701120131109

Jesus. I hope he's ok. I thought the joke threads were a bit poor taste, more so now.
    My V key is broken
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13578
    holnrew said:
    http://uk.reuters.com/article/2013/11/09/uk-philippines-typhoon-idUKBRE9A701120131109

Jesus. I hope he's ok. I thought the joke threads were a bit poor taste, more so now.
    well at the time they were posted mr serious,  he was joking about it too !!!

If they still offend you,  flag em up and get them removed 
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5612
    Disco 1 - Super Typhoon 0

We got the 3am taxi to Naga then a bus to Manila at 6.30. Got there around 3pm, just ahead of Haiyan. Hunkered down in an Irish bar and enjoyed the rain and blackout with pizza and booze. Strongest winds ever recorded according to reports but the Filipinos did well this time around.

I climbed another volcano today!
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Pizza and booze through a super typhoon...fantastic ;-)
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3967
    Nice one Stu.
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    Stu.
    I hope you get home OK.

The reports on Sky News yesterday morning (it was the headline news item) never mentioned which part of the Philippines was affected. It was just film of horrific storms (from where?), a lot of waffle. No Maps.
    Can you imagine if there was a huge storm in the USA? You are watching Sky News. They never mention which part of the USA.
    Is it Chicago?
    Is is New Orleans?

The Philippines covers a very large area - North to South. I am sick of this kind of patronising News Coverage of disasters which do not take place in the West. It is an insult  to the large Filipino population living in the UK and it is an insult to the rest of us as well.

1200 dead?
    I think it will be more than that.

• johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    Nice one @DiscoStu glad to hear you are safe and got through it safely. Humour, booze and pizza FTW.

Now the winds are much reduced see if 2 kites will be enough for you to fly up to the next volcano you visit.
    :D
  • :)