What did I buy?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Drew_fx said:
    Nowt wrong with the band - it's the vocals I can't stand.
    I love the vocals!
    Awww come on... you're just trawling for LOLs.
    :)
    No. I'm not.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    edited October 2015
    Vocals in this are awesome - fantastic band. If this wets the OP whistle check out Gojira for something just as insane
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23322
    Drew_fx said:
    I love the vocals!
    I do struggle with the vocals.  Any metal band with screamed/growled/shouted vocals and/or very fast drumming, I'll give it a listen but the chances are I'll have a hard time getting to like it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_Q said:
    Drew_fx said:
    I love the vocals!
    I do struggle with the vocals.  Any metal band with screamed/growled/shouted vocals and/or very fast drumming, I'll give it a listen but the chances are I'll have a hard time getting to like it.
    Fast drumming is fine, as long as it's not incessant blast beats. In fact I pretty much hate any drumming where there's a large number of snare hits on beat 1 of the bar.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    Philly_Q said:
    Drew_fx said:
    I love the vocals!
    Fast drumming is fine, as long as it's not incessant blast beats. In fact I pretty much hate any drumming where there's a large number of snare hits on beat 1 of the bar.
    I was going to mention blast beats but I don't really understand the technicalities, so I just settled for "fast drumming".   ;)
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24853
    Drew_fx;805828" said:
    Strat_a_tat_tat said:

Awww come on... you're just trawling for LOLs.

:)

No. I'm not.
    Clearly he's not. If Drew were truly serious about amassing 'Lols', he would get his user name changed to richardhomer...
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5067
    Blast beats were fine until they became gravity blasts . Ticklers and tappers. Too many extreme bands have drums that sound like typewriters now. I still like the Mick Harris/Dave Grave blast beats though.
  • Oh yeah gravity blasts are really silly.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • RockerRocker Frets: 5006
    Eventually I got to play the CD.  Not just once but a few times.  Not the kind of music that I listen to.  Actually is is a fair bit East of my usual listening music.  Which is fairly wide ranging apart from Opera, Guitar music, Jazz, Kodo drumming, Musicals and Rap. Anyway the CD is being packed and will soon be in the post to @Mellowsun.

Still on the lookout for a Megadeth CD.  And, totally unrelated, I want to get my hands on the DVD called Hunt for Red October.  This film is shown on TV every so often, it is a bit like Ben Hur, I only ever got to see the entire Ben Hur when I got the DVD.  I have seen most of 'Red October but would like to watch it from the start.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Rocker said:
    And, totally unrelated, I want to get my hands on the DVD called Hunt for Red October.  This film is shown on TV every so often, it is a bit like Ben Hur, I only ever got to see the entire Ben Hur when I got the DVD.  I have seen most of 'Red October but would like to watch it from the start.
    Easily available for under a fiver on Amazon Marketplace.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72796
    You haven't missed much. It's not really very good. Crimson Tide is better if you want to be stuck in a submarine for two hours.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24711
    I quite liked Red October. And Crimson Tide.

Neither hold a candle to Das Boot though.

I'd like someone to make HMS Unseen. Really enjoyed that book.