Gigs in Edinburgh

What's Hot

Comments

• VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    And to add further... I'm going to see Stoked Jones this Friday at the Jam House - see anybody else there!
    Thanks for coming along tonight @thomasross20 :p Was good to see you again after our midweek meetup to try guitars and amps lol

Had a blast tonight :D
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4438
    edited June 2016
    No probs @Vaiai! ;

We had a great band night... first Hard Rock Cafe (where I secured some high fives from the staff upon exit).. 

.. and prior to you guys going on there was a tour group watching a Scottish show.. we got in line at the end, pretending we were with the group, and got a band pic with the bagpiper lol...

Band was great - got us up dancing, which is semi-rare for me! Thought your singer sounded fantastic and had presence. That guy playing all the different guitars - that was different! All solid - great playing by you. Lots of great numbers (Queen, yay!) - and fun to hear your version of "Left Outside Alone" - we do a solo bit at the end but your solo in the middle was great (you showed me that on mid-week anyway I think). I took note of the taps and whammy bar usage lol. Your guitar cut through well I think - was it mic'd up or just straight out of the amp? Good stage banter / crowd interaction, too. 

You were right about it getting busier post-11pm! Was great to talk gear mid-week, too. The Victory amp was great - small, lightweight, portable - so much easier to load than my Blackstar... nice guitars, too, of course. 

Nice one!! I did try to take some photos but they're not great - I should have brought my proper camera. By the way, I never saw your band photos on the screen in the background..? Were they only for web advertising? 

On a similar note, I got my tickets for Jam House on July 8th so anybody wants to go, gimme a bell!
    We've decided that to get bums on seats, we're just going to give the Jam House tickets out for free. 
    Seems like it's a hard sell. Donations welcome but regardless, get in touch and I can sort you out with a ticket. 
  • VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    We've decided that to get bums on seats, we're just going to give the Jam House tickets out for free. 
    Seems like it's a hard sell. Donations welcome but regardless, get in touch and I can sort you out with a ticket. 
    We didn't sell many either but good news is the place naturally gets busy now that ppl know about the Friday night. Good luck :D Hope to get along but we may be gigging too. 
    edited June 2016
    No probs - let me know if you do think you can make it :) 
    We seem to be doing loads more "free" gigs of late!
    The way we see it... we'll have fun, might raise our profile a little and it's all good experience. 
    Last call (yeah right lol) - we're playing for an hour at the jam house, starting 10.30pm this Friday.

Get in touch for free tickets, we've already got approx 50 folk coming.

Cheers!
    Gig was good but acoustics in the jam house (old church) are echo-y so drums sounded loud. Unfortunately my guitar was low in the mix and it threw some of us off. Got an audio recording of the whole thing so will chop it at some point
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3447
    We're playing in Bannerman's on Saturday night, on around 9 I hope. 
  • We're on at Whistle Binkies from 21.45 to 23.45 (we'll take a break in between) next Saturday 20th if anybody is about.
    "As with all things, some days you're the dinosaur, some days you're the monkey." Sporky
  • I'm away next Saturday :(
    Moe - link to your band? No promises - swamped the next few weeks. If not this time, I'll make it another.
  • camfcamf Frets: 1199
    @Moe_Zambeek ; So I turn up just after 9.... :( 

I'm not having much luck seeing you guys. At least last time I caught half of your last song. Tonight I just managed to catch you putting away your pedal board. :)
    edited August 2016
    D'oh - wrong post.
    edited August 2016
    camf said:
    @Moe_Zambeek ;;; So I turn up just after 9....  

I'm not having much luck seeing you guys. At least last time I caught half of your last song. Tonight I just managed to catch you putting away your pedal board.
    Did you say hello @camf ? I spoke to a couple of guys I the way out... 

yeah they told us to get on at half eight rather than nine for some reason.

Sound was was a bit ropy tonight, using Bannermans cabs. Then off to stramash as the bass player was gigging with his other band. 

Fecking busy in town though!
  • camfcamf Frets: 1199
    edited August 2016
    No, I didn't hang around as I was mid-argument with my missus who'd made us later than I'd planned. If I'd had my way, we might have avoided some idiots with ukelelies and at least caught the last ten mins.
    Glad I missed that then :)

Wasnt a vintage gig anyway, but of finger / brain dislocation going on!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• Chaps, just a quick reminder. If you want to see the most entertaining Police covers band in Scotland, come to Whistle Binkies tomorrow night at half 9. We'll be on till quarter to 12 (with a break) and will be playing all of the hits and some tasty album tracks as well.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1592130534421026/ ;
    "As with all things, some days you're the dinosaur, some days you're the monkey." Sporky
    Binkies during the festival - always an entertaining gig!
  • We're on at electric circus tonight...8.15-9.
  • Moe, PM me next time you have a gig! Sometimes I'm not on here for days (recently, anyway!)