Gigs in Edinburgh

What's Hot

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73051
    Not sure why I haven't remembered to update this more often than more than two years ago!

But anyway, my band Kurtz have a gig on Friday 11th January at Henry's Cellar Bar, along with Land Of Cakes and one other band TBC.

This will be my first gig since I broke my arm last summer - I'm pretty much back to normal now although I might be playing my borrowed Fender Mustang instead of my Rickenbacker...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • camfcamf Frets: 1201
    @ICBM Excellent! I'm hoping to be there. I met Andy from Land of Cakes last week and made the connection. Break a leg... oh... wait! ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JeremiahJeremiah Frets: 641
    I'll try to make it to this, and hopefully meet some other Edinburgh Fretboarders.
    Anyone else going along to this? 
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    Yeah, I might come along. I've a hospital appointment tomorrow for some minor treatment but should be fighting fit by Friday.
    Good luck @Gagaryn! :)

camf said:
    Good luck @Gagaryn! :)

Cheers, just kidney stones - I'm a veteran, third dose of lithotripsy in three months so I'm well versed in the process. A few pints should help the fragments pass. :-)

Plus Kurtz is an excellent name for a band and now that I'm thinking about it I've remembered I need to give John a few quid from the last time he looked at an amp for me - well over a year ago and had completely slipped my mind! Sorry John! 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Great! If I can lure more of John's dodgy customers to the gig with cash in their paws, the beers are bound to be on @ICBM. Winning! :)

Gagaryn said:

Plus Kurtz is an excellent name for a band
    Last gig with that name I think, so it will be available soon :). It doesn't really suit our new singer...

Suggestions welcomed for a sort of garage-punk band with a petite but fierce Italian female singer!

camf said:
    Great! If I can lure more of John's dodgy customers to the gig with cash in their paws, the beers are bound to be on @ICBM. Winning! :)
    I'm doing dry January so you're quite welcome to buy everyone else a beer ;).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• chris45chris45 Frets: 221
    I will try and be there :)
    ICBM said:

Am I too late to start dry January too? ;)
    ICBM said:

Suggestions welcomed for a sort of garage-punk band with a petite but fierce Italian female singer!

The Feroce Watchband, or The Electric Piccolo's. ;-)
    camf said:
    ICBM said:

Am I too late to start dry January too? ;)
    If I'm there pints will be medicinal and compulsory, for me at least. January is dreary enough even with beer :-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fftcfftc Frets: 559
    ICBM said:
    Gagaryn said:

Plus Kurtz is an excellent name for a band
    Last gig with that name I think, so it will be available soon :). It doesn't really suit our new singer...

The word stiletto is what immediately springs to mind.  Can you work that into an original name?
    fftc said:

The word stiletto is what immediately springs to mind.  Can you work that into an original name?
    Hmmmm... the guitarist has an amp of that name, but he's selling it! He would probably have to keep it :).

What time are you on?
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2343
    Playing tomorrow (12th) at whistlebinkies. on at 7pm with one of my bands: Kinnaber Junction
    If anyone around  pop in I'm the short fat bloke pretending i can play guitar. 

chris45 said:
    What time are you on?
    I think about 8.30-9. We're the second of three bands, doors at 7 and last band off at 11 I think.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    ICBM said:
    chris45 said:
    What time are you on?
    I think about 8.30-9. We're the second of three bands, doors at 7 and last band off at 11 I think.
    I'll come along tonight. :-) 

@camf and @chris45 if either of you pop in too look for a 6'4" guy with glasses, a beard and nay mates and say hello, don't think I've met either of you before. ;-)
    Good gig @ICBM and nice to meet a few other fretboarders - sorry I had to duck out early