Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Who knows about buying TVs?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73155
    Deijavoo said:
    Having (myself and family) owned several Sony products which failed very shortly after the warranty ran out - including a TV - I would now never buy another of their over-hyped, overpriced products. They seem to trade on a reputation of being better than their competitors, and they aren't.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 1025
    Bought a Samsung LED just before the Olympics last year and am pretty happy with it, although the blacks are not great. If I was buying again I would go plasma, which is supposed to have better blacks.
  • duotone said:
    Bought a Samsung LED just before the Olympics last year and am pretty happy with it, although the blacks are not great. If I was buying again I would go plasma, which is supposed to have better blacks.
    have you done much tweaking? Samsungs always get a bit of a bashing over on AVF regarding their standard settings
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Deadman said:
    I've had a 47" Philips for 6 years. It's been as reliable as a Blakeys seg.

If I was buying now I'd be looking at one of the Panasonic LED's and use Richer Sounds.

I've given you a wisdom because you remember Blakey's Segs.

• duotoneduotone Frets: 1025
    duotone said:
    have you done much tweaking? Samsungs always get a bit of a bashing over on AVF regarding their standard settings

Yep I have done a fair bit of tweaking. What really highlighted it to me was watching some of The Wire night scenes and Tremes nightclub scenes when working my way through the episodes.
  • Parker said:
    TXL42E6B
    Good choice according to the reviews. :)
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
    edited November 2013
    . What really highlighted it to me was watching some of The Wire night scenes and Tremes nightclub scenes when working my way through the episodes. 

Ha! I'm watching The Wire right now on my LED.
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    duotone said:
    the blacks are not great.
    Racist!
    My V key is broken
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom