Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

My new guitar has been "stolen"/"lost"

What's Hot

Comments

• MikeBMikeB Frets: 178
    Have to say I agree. Pretty difficult to ignore a guitar shaped package on your drive next to the car.......

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    The other day I found this wicked ibanez, someone had just left it boxed up leaning against a wall.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    Absolute cobblers
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LewliganLewligan Frets: 544
    Yep, grade A bollocks.
    Check out my Fretboard Trading Feedback HERE!
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7922
    I remember a friend winning an amp cheaply and the seller saying that on the way downstairs he'd dropped it and it smashed - we told him to send the pieces anyway and he said it was so badly damaged that he'd thrown it in a skip.

We didn't believe him ;)
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3421
    edited October 2015
    Uploaded with Imgupr
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6234
    tFB Trader
    Why people don't just front it and be honest i have no idea.... you'd have more respect for them. I bought something for 99p that was worth £45, the guy messaged me and said that he just couldn't send it at that price. i agreed and we came to a good deal outside of ebay. i didn't want to skin him and i admired his honesty.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Get someone to contact him and say they found a guitar .. smells like a week old pile of horse manure.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3072
    I too bought something for 99p that was worth maybe £40-£50, and the seller just went dark. Didn't respond to any communication at all. I did an ebay complaint and got a refund but there was no further sanction on the seller, as far as I can see.

I'm afraid I've got no sympathy - you want a minimum amount? that's what "reserve" price is for.

Grrrr.

R.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • Smells bullshitty, but I don't see what you can do. It's your word against his, and although what he claims to have done sounds inconcievably stupid, some people are just really fucking stupid.

I guess all you can do is wait for the same guitar to reappear on eBay and then kick up a stink.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7834

Smells bullshitty, but I don't see what you can do. It's your word against his, and although what he claims to have done sounds inconcievably stupid, some people are just really fucking stupid.

I guess all you can do is wait for the same guitar to reappear on eBay and then kick up a stink.

Yup. Keep a lookout for it. But otherwise, at least you get the money back.. if he genuinely has lost it, then I feel sorry for him. We've all done stupid stuff...
  • RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    Had you considered...... As you have bought and paid for it it is technically your property. Ask the seller for the exact details of it so you can report it to the police (who you have spoken to and will take it seriously and look for it) as stolen. Advise the seller that if it with anyone else they will be in possession of stolen goods etc. Might be worth a try to see if he miraculously finds it. Call his bluff.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3699
    Same old story - stuff sells for  less than the seller expected so out come the excuses.

Had it happen to me a couple of time with watches.

Don't bother with ebay auctions now
  • Had this with an amp once i won on t'bay very cheaply, then maraculously developed a problem so i told the seller to send it me anyways as was probably a loose valve. This went on a few days one excuse after another and it was clearly seller remorse for a low auction value. I refused to cancel the sale and the seller was presumably stung with the fees.

• usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Yes, you've won it, its yours. Get the cops on it.
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• SRichSRich Frets: 764

Really???????

Hmmmm......You can pick your friends, but you can't pick your family - or your t'Bay sellers

Hope it works out.

"There's things I want, there's things I think I want 
    There's things I've had, there's things I wanna have" 
    I'm afraid I've got no sympathy - you want a minimum amount? that's what "reserve" price is for.
    Exactly... or just do a Buy It Now instead of an auction.
    Then if it sells, you get what you want. If it doesn't, well you've lost about 20p on listing fees.
    Simple.

Auctions are a ball ache all round on eBay.
    Half the time they go for less than they should which leads to situations like this, and buyers have to wait around for 7+ days to see if they even fuckin' win the thing.
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12723
    Well just to play devils advocate for a mo...

Seeing as I'm the guy who has 1) left his Les Paul leaning up against the back of the transit, then reversed over it 2) left his Strat on a bus and 3) left his Marshall head sitting on the garden wall when packing the car for a gig and only realised when I unpacked at the gig 25miles away... I can tell you it can and does happen.

Yes it smells fishy here - and if the guy has genuinely gone to the Police, they will want to report it (for the crime figures) and therefore there will be a crime number. Also, the serial number will need to be circulated - it's amazing how guitars get found through Social Media and forums.

Push him... Get answers. But beware some people are just total bell-ends sometimes (hello).
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

8reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • So the Police told him not to report a crime... to the Police! :))
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom