Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

PRS Modern Eagle 1 Feeler

What's Hot
MattPMattP Frets: 252

Completely not sure whether to go through with this, but I’m tentatively putting my PRS Modern Eagle 1 up for consideration.

The guitar is finished in matt Charcoal nitro with an amazing flamed top. The back is one piece mahogany with a lovely light figure and the neck – being the most remarkable thing about this instrument is solid Brazilian rosewood.

This is an ex PRS artist guitar – I bought it from Charlie Simpson (Busted and Fightstar) and it was used on their tours and albums; I have kept my correspondence with him which I’ll provide if anyone cares. I’m not familiar with his work but it makes for a nice history of the guitar.

As it is a gigged guitar, there are some dings on the back and edge of the body, the worst of which I have tried to show. There is nothing on the neck or fingerboard though, and it’s all just superficial; nothing structural or serious at all.

It comes with a case but not with tags, the reason being that it is an artist endorsee guitar it was not made for retail sale, rather passed directly from PRS Artist Relation to the user.

The hardware is the distinctive brushed nickel and gold and the RP1 pickups (splitable at the tone pot) sound amazing; like a hot PAF.

The reason I’m considering moving the guitar is that I’ve found something else I fancy trying. The price is £2000, which is considerably under what any other ME is advertised for. If what I want goes, then I’d like to keep this. In terms of trade, I would consider it but only if it left me with at least £1k for the other purchase. All I’d ask is that – as I think I’ve valued my guitar very competitively – you do the same with yours.

I’m based in Essex but am often in London, and if you have any questions or anything, give me a shout! Lastly, I do have one piece of good feedback on here, but that was in the old MR days. I do however have lots of good ebay feedback.

Matt

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Matt please call me ASAP on 07870 636 437 … PM sent Steve
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28104
    I think you may have seriously under-priced this.

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • MikeBMikeB Frets: 178
    Beautiful guitar. Can take or leave Busted but Charlie in Fightstar was in another league!! Laughed a lot when I heard he had left Busted and started a heavy band....

Wasn't laughing when I heard it though. Heavy and then some. Loved the Grand Unification album.

GLWTS.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1625
    Far too cheap - Steve's going to get a bargain!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3421
    Way too cheap you should really reconsider.
  • andyozandyoz Frets: 718

Twinfan said:
    You had a mint one of these for a keen price too I recall?
  • TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1625
    I did, but it wasn't £2k..........
  • Still for sale haha? Got some sick guitars to trade.
  • Twinfan said:
    not heard yet, cash waiting with immediate pickup … S
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7442
    When you get a reply after 68 minutes with someone saying to call them asap you know you've seriously underpriced your item haha.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BensonBenson Frets: 242
    Matt, when you next consider moving house please let me know the asking price for your current home before you put it on the market!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I thought I got mine ridiculously cheap at 2500...bloody hell. I'll join the large q if it falls through...
    @thetomsk - was yours in good condition?
  • MattPMattP Frets: 252
    Sorry for coming back with such a late reply! I only get to check the forum at lunch, and I hadn't expected anywhere near these responses, so thanks to everyone.

To those that commented that this is under priced, I agree, but the guitar I was going for was equally under priced, and apart from getting the cash for it quickly it seemed like a nice idea to pass on a deal.

Anyway, it turns out that what I was after was sold yesterday (something I should have checked before posting this) so unless it comes back, i'm going to hold off the sale of ME. My apologies again to those that wanted to buy it; if I see a similar guitar again, I will give each of you first refusal in the order of interest if that helps.

Cheers,
    Matt  

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    Tease ;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monofinmonofin Frets: 1118
    Well that was all rather exciting :)
    @Richardj - I know, feel a bit rotten about how all this went..
    If you tell us what you were going to buy, all is forgiven...must have been good
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28355
    That is a beautiful thing of beauty. Yes indeed.
    andyoz said:
    If you tell us what you were going to buy, all is forgiven...must have been good
    A nice aged Les Paul - and yes, it was lovely!