Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

PRS Modern Eagle 1 Feeler

What's Hot

Comments

• DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
    Coda have a nice ME in at £2699 just now.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    Better than a ME Brazzer. Wow, it must have been very special.
  • andyoz;818176" said:
    @thetomsk - was yours in good condition?
    I have a cpl of miniscule, pin prick sized blemishes. Guy I bought from was emigrating and therefore couldn't take it with him. Was on the prs facebook page for approx 20 mins before i snaffled it after a heads up from a dude who knew I was after one.

• I assume the discount was due to the "musical" horrors this guitar is partly responsible for?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MattP said:
    Sorry for coming back with such a late reply! I only get to check the forum at lunch, and I hadn't expected anywhere near these responses, so thanks to everyone.

To those that commented that this is under priced, I agree, but the guitar I was going for was equally under priced, and apart from getting the cash for it quickly it seemed like a nice idea to pass on a deal.

Anyway, it turns out that what I was after was sold yesterday (something I should have checked before posting this) so unless it comes back, i'm going to hold off the sale of ME. My apologies again to those that wanted to buy it; if I see a similar guitar again, I will give each of you first refusal in the order of interest if that helps.

Cheers,
    Matt  

I only want this guitar to surprise Charlie on tour hahaha sick stuff man!
  • MattP said:

Completely not sure whether to go through with this, but I’m tentatively putting my PRS Modern Eagle 1 up for consideration.

The guitar is finished in matt Charcoal nitro with an amazing flamed top. The back is one piece mahogany with a lovely light figure and the neck – being the most remarkable thing about this instrument is solid Brazilian rosewood.

This is an ex PRS artist guitar – I bought it from Charlie Simpson (Busted and Fightstar) and it was used on their tours and albums; I have kept my correspondence with him which I’ll provide if anyone cares. I’m not familiar with his work but it makes for a nice history of the guitar.

As it is a gigged guitar, there are some dings on the back and edge of the body, the worst of which I have tried to show. There is nothing on the neck or fingerboard though, and it’s all just superficial; nothing structural or serious at all.

It comes with a case but not with tags, the reason being that it is an artist endorsee guitar it was not made for retail sale, rather passed directly from PRS Artist Relation to the user.

The hardware is the distinctive brushed nickel and gold and the RP1 pickups (splitable at the tone pot) sound amazing; like a hot PAF.

The reason I’m considering moving the guitar is that I’ve found something else I fancy trying. The price is £2000, which is considerably under what any other ME is advertised for. If what I want goes, then I’d like to keep this. In terms of trade, I would consider it but only if it left me with at least £1k for the other purchase. All I’d ask is that – as I think I’ve valued my guitar very competitively – you do the same with yours.

I’m based in Essex but am often in London, and if you have any questions or anything, give me a shout! Lastly, I do have one piece of good feedback on here, but that was in the old MR days. I do however have lots of good ebay feedback.

Matt

That is one beautiful top! Glad youve kept it - i suspect sellers remorse would have set in the moment the buyer walked out the door...........

• andyozandyoz Frets: 718
    edited October 2015
    Look familiar?

• andyoz said:
    Look familiar?

Yeah... I've got that shirt.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    ...sure you haven't got the matching cargo pants as well?
  • MattPMattP Frets: 252
    That's the one! Thanks @andyoz for posting the pic; I hadn't seen it before. I have those emgs in my parts drawer actually.
    ..Just to confirm I'm not a Charlie Simpson fanboy - I just Google imaged "Charlie Simpson PRS"

I didn't even notice he had different pickups in it.

• Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3421
    andyoz;819805" said:
    ..Just to confirm I'm not a Charlie Simpson fanboy - I just Google imaged "Charlie

Simpson PRS"

I didn't even notice he had different pickups in it.
    Uploaded with Imgupr
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MattP said:
    That's the one! Thanks @andyoz for posting the pic; I hadn't seen it before. I have those emgs in my parts drawer actually.

Get them on ebay quick...as used by Busted guitarist etc.........

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5117
    PSA: there's one on Coda for £2,699 and no doubt they'd do a deal on that price.

260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    PSA: there's one on Coda for £2,699 and no doubt they'd do a deal on that price.

I was checking that one out - they have extra photos taken outside they could email if you ask them.
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
    Deijavoo said:
    Coda have a nice ME in at £2699 just now.

:-)
  • Hi Matt,

I'm in the market for a new guitar and I'm very interested in this. I understand it's probably not currently for sale but please feel free to message me if you decide to sell it :)

Thanks,

(Another!) Matt
  • wizbit81wizbit81 Frets: 466
    ^^ LOL!
  • wizbit81 said:
    ^^ LOL!
    Hey - don't ask don't get! :P
  • JoesaJoesa Frets: 86
    That's the first PRS I can honestly say looks better with a couple of dings on it. Beautiful guitar