Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Tattoos no longer trendy - offical

What's Hot
Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549
    edited November 2013

Tattoos have never been "trendy" maaan! They are about individuality and expressing ourselves not about being slaaaves to "trendy" conformists.

Don't do what people tell you to do maaan...get a tattoo.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3614
    Just think how fashion moves. You can grow out a hairstyle, change your clothes, talk differently and use the current buzzwords. But you always have a tattoo which is fine if it means something for life, I suspect a lot of money will be made in the future for people having the unacceptable ones removed.

• Couldn't care less! I got mine because I like them, simple as. :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Good on him :)
    <space for hire>
  • Couldn't care less! I got mine because I like them, simple as. :)
    likewise
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • dafuzzdafuzz Frets: 1522
    My grandad had tattoos up and down both arms. When I was 14 and going through that stage of pretentiousness / rebellion I told my mum I was going to get one and she said "great! Me too, we'll go together".

Went off the idea there and then and haven't reconsidered. All my mates have tats so I guess I'm the cool outsider after all.
    All practice and no theory
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2493
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I was born into a ghetto. I come from, and lived in that shithole called Barking. Where men had 'love' and 'hate' scrawled across their knuckles, and 'cut here - - - - - - - - - " around their neck.

Tattoo guns were fashioned from Hornby train motors, dipped in black ink and idiots who couldn't draw a the outlines of a house were let lose on the Barking massive.

I left that shithole and it's social issues behind and moved into the country - in fact I bought a small holding in Norfolk. Then it all went wrong :(  I got pissed on a regular basis and kept forgetting my favourite Chinese takeaway.  So I had it tattooed on my arm....I could then stumble into the 'Red Dragon'; point at my arm and dripple 'I want'. 

I'm now tea total and the shame of having 'Chicken Fried Rice' stamped on my arm questions who is the idiot. Barking man or Norfolk man :(

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    Bogwhoppit;80486" said:
    I was born into a ghetto. I come from, and lived in that shithole called Barking. Where men had 'love' and 'hate' scrawled across their knuckles, and 'cut here - - - - - - - - - " around their neck.Tattoo guns were fashioned from Hornby train motors, dipped in black ink and idiots who couldn't draw a the outlines of a house were let lose on the Barking massive. I left that shithole and it's social issues behind and moved into the country - in fact I bought a small holding in Norfolk. Then it all went wrong :(  I got pissed on a regular basis and kept forgetting my favourite Chinese takeaway.  So I had it tattooed on my arm....I could then stumble into the 'Red Dragon'; point at my arm and dripple 'I want'.  I'm now tea total and the shame of having 'Chicken Fried Rice' stamped on my arm questions who is the idiot. Barking man or Norfolk man :(

Illustrative of the dangers of living where it's very flat. A man needs hills and valleys.

Tattoos are like anything else, personal, individualistic, expressive,some superb, some shite. Easier to get them off these days too. Getting a coupla mine off shortly to be replaced tho. They were put on in the haste of yoof.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • jd0272 said:

Illustrative of the dangers of living where it's very flat. A man needs hills and valleys.

I've since left the village due to feeling isolated (I was the person with 4 fingers and a thumb). However, I am now a fully paid up member of the 'hello me duck' brigade in - or just outside - Peterboghorror.  The shame is killing me :( 

• bertiebertie Frets: 13578
    jd0272 said:
    Tattoos are like anything else, personal, individualistic, 
    then why are so many the same ?
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3614
    jd0272 said:

Tattoos are like anything else, personal, individualistic, expressive,some superb, some shite. 
    A bit like denim jeans then.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3091
    Always wanted a sleeve, but for one reason or another I never got around to starting it.

As much as I love football, footballers are generally nobheads so when every other one of them started having full sleeves done, that was me out.

If tats aren't "trendy" again, I may reconsider....

• IanSavageIanSavage Frets: 1319
    I love mine, probably partly because they ARE individual (yes, mostly on well-established themes, but all drawn uniquely either by me or my tattooist - the only one I've ever gone and 'picked off the wall' was my very first one and even that's now been augmented to form part of a one-off design). I think the stereotype tatts are the ones that people are most likely to get bored of.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34007
    Good on him.
    One more of us, one less of them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    bertie;80542" said:
    jd0272 said:Tattoos are like anything else, personal, individualistic, 

then why are so many the same ?

And as further said, some are shite. Which includes off the wall I'll have what he/she's got etc.

Which irritates me greatly.
    Bogwhoppit;80535" said:
    jd0272 said:

I've since left the village due to feeling isolated (I was the person with 4 fingers and a thumb). However, I am now a fully paid up member of the 'hello me duck' brigade in - or just outside - Peterboghorror.  The shame is killing me :( 

You. Left. The. Village.???????.

Fuckin braver man than me mate.
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24728
    edited November 2013
    Apparently, after waiting all his life for a tattoo, Mr Dimbleby has fulfilled his dream with a tattoo of a scorpion with not enough legs...

=))

...and @Bogwhoppit - you don't really have 'Chicken Fried Rice' tattooed on your arm do you.... ???  @-)
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
  • WolftoneWolftone Frets: 85
    edited November 2013
    CabbageCat said: They are about individuality and expressing ourselves not about being slaaaves to "trendy" conformists.

In reality, I think that nowadays the opposite applies. There are so many tattoo'd folk, 'Not' having a tattoo is actually the new expression of individuality. Making a conscious decision
    not to follow the trend is an expression of independence and detachment from the masses.