Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Tattoos no longer trendy - offical

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Wolftone said:
    Making a conscious decision
    not to follow the trend is an expression of independence and detachment from the masses.

If your conscious decision is based on what the masses are doing (either following or specifically opposing) then you are not detached.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • jd0272 said:
    Getting a coupla mine off shortly to be replaced tho. They were put on in the haste of yoof.
    I take it you can't just do a cover-up with those then? A few of my friends have had to already, mainly because they went to the same shite artist! :D
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_Fab said:

...and @Bogwhoppit - you don't really have 'Chicken Fried Rice' tattooed on your arm do you.... ???  @-)
    Yes, with large chips and a bag of prawn crackers :(

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    guitargeek62;81063" said:
    jd0272 said:Getting a coupla mine off shortly to be replaced tho. They were put on in the haste of yoof.

I take it you can't just do a cover-up with those then? A few of my friends have had to already, mainly because they went to the same shite artist! :D

Nah, quite sizeable. Nothing particularly 'wrong' with them, but as the tech' is around to get em removed, and as tattooing has developed soooo much in the past twenty or so years, fancied something different.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Daily Mail columnist Liz Jones, the world's least cool person, has one. Nuff said...
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    I've been trying to decide what to have since 1984, so it will probably never happen now..

• Evilmags said:
    Daily Mail columnist Liz Jones, the world's least cool person, has one. Nuff said...
    Adolf Hitler wore trousers, ergo nobody else should
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • IanSavageIanSavage Frets: 1319
    Emp_Fab said:
    Apparently, after waiting all his life for a tattoo, Mr Dimbleby has fulfilled his dream with a tattoo of a scorpion with not enough legs...

=))

"It should be noted that the 2004 single The Scorpion by the American thrash metal band Megadeth features a scorpion with only six visible legs on its cover, but it is not known whether Mr Dimbleby is a fan of their output."

:D :D
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34007
    Wolftone said:
    Making a conscious decision
    not to follow the trend is an expression of independence and detachment from the masses.

If your conscious decision is based on what the masses are doing (either following or specifically opposing) then you are not detached.
    Exactly.
    It is possible to be a sheeple with or without a tattoo.
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    No, it's spelled incorrectly, they've spelled trainer as grave. Tsk.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16999
    i don't really get what the fuss is about.  its not a debate.

You either want one and (eventually) get one, or you don't and won't.   there isn't the stigma there used to be

I wear business wear most of the time at work and mine barely peak out of my shirt sleeve. But they do peak out, and they get a full airing every friday so they are certainly not hidden.  Same when i used to work in schools, although less regular the whole  lot came out.

Large visible tattoo's were relatively rare in both these careers, but It has not stopped me doing well with this company since i started a couple of years ago

Funniest experience was when i went to India.  All the advice says its best to cover them up.  What it doesn't mention is how bollywood has completely changed the perception of Tattoos in India over the last few years, its now a sign of wealth where it used to be the opposite for them