Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Films that are better than the books they are made from?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• WezVWezV Frets: 16999

My wife and I can never agree on Scott Pilgrim.   She prefers the film, I prefer the books

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    octatonic said: You don't strike me as a fan of post-modernism though. ;)
    Indeed - it's all downhill from Virginia Woolf.
    ICBM said: there's no way the book can be better than the film.
    I'll give you just one - the book doesn't have Nicholson chewing the scenery ;)
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
  • randomhandclaps;81177" said:
    bertie said:

Debbie Does Dallas

You obviously didn't have the pop-up version.
    Feckit, I was just about to post that!
    :((
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73157
    edited November 2013
    Lixarto said:
    I'll give you just one - the book doesn't have Nicholson chewing the scenery ;)
    Actually apart from Kubrick, I normally like Nicholson too so that may be the other way round ;). I think he's pretty good in it. He's been worse…

The ending is miles better than what the plot synopsis says about the book, which (ironically) is just like a bad Hollywood ending.

axisus said:
    (Logan's Run)
    Good call! I loved that film as a teen (jenny agutter!).
    Sadly I just missed getting hold of a copy on DVD at a charity sale recently. A woman beat me to it and got it before I could. Maybe she liked Michael York as much as I liked Jenny Agutter :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein