How to post pics, TinyPic

What's Hot
TTonyTTony Frets: 27599
edited October 2015 in Help & Feedback
This discussion was created from comments split from: Posting pictures ~ a little help.

With thanks to ChrisMusic.

Please add any comments of questions on using TinyPic to this thread, and tag @ChrisMusic in your post.
Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    edited October 2015
    TinyPic

Use the link marked:    Direct Link for Layouts

Copy and paste directly into the comment box along with the text you are writing, post the comment, refresh your browser and the pic should be there...

You need the image address ending in .jpg  -  anything else is an HTML page (which you can link to, but destroys the immediacy of looking)

Before you upload an image you can choose a size - use the pull down menu and you will see an option for message board.
    Once it is uploaded you will get a series of code options - see the left of the image below. Just select the image code for forums and copy it then paste into a forum post. It really is that easy - no need to register or anything.

(this image is hosted on TinyPic)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    As Photobucket keeps trying to download gambling apps and such, I recommend trying Tinypic.com.

Sign up for a free account, upload your picture(s), choose resize (it will resize automatically if pic is too big anyway), copy the URL it gives you in the box marked "Message Boards" and lo and behold....

• chrishill901chrishill901 Frets: 516
    Thanks @chalky - you must have read my mind. Was going to ask for some photobucket alternatives as in my last thread people commented about having problems with my photobucket photos.

Check out my band Coral Snake if you like original hard rock!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    I wasted an hour or two yesterday thinking I had a virus on my phone! Photobucket's gone mad.
  • FuzzdogFuzzdog Frets: 839
    I've been using Tinypic for ages now - much more convenient than Photobucket.
    -- Before you ask, no, I am in no way, shape or form related to Fuzzdog pedals, I was Fuzzdog before Fuzzdog were Fuzzdog.  Unless you want to give me free crap, then I'm related to whatever the hell you like! --
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    Tinypic, Imgr there's loads of free photo hosting around that you can use. Photobucket should be banned, if I see a thread with their links I don't even bother clicking them.
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

Yeah but Tinypic has the advantages of a) fewest steps from taking picture to it showing in the forum thread, and b) you see the picture in the thread rather than just the link, and c) no instructions required :)
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24809
    I have not managed to open any photos in the classifieds for several days without being taken straight to an app I'm expected to buy.

Really irritating....
  • ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    edited May 2015
    For anyone who doesn't know: there is a help file on image hosting and posting on theFretBoard, and also one for test posts.

The easiest way to find it is via the main FORUM INDEX section in the bar on the left, or via a link in the rules for the classifieds.  It is also hiding away somewhere in the Classifieds > Guitars £ section.  HTH  :)

I have added this discussion to the TinyPic section there, hope that's OK with you  @Chalky

Thanks for continuing to look at alternatives to make forum life easier :) 
    God knows what PhotoBucket are up to !  (do they get hacked, or just have low ethical standards?)
    (Chalky also did one on using DropBox)

• ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2026
    I use Flickr without any problems.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    does the photobucket apps interception happen on URL links or from the direct img links though??
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    I use google+ pics, super simple with batch uploading, also auto upload from phone camera, now that's quick!
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6391
    I use Postimage.org
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • Every ad in the classifieds that has used photobucket I can no longer view on my phone.

It's just constant popups and links to games or betting apps in the apps store.

It's a complete joke. As lots of us use our phones to access the forum.

Photobucket is dead
    I know there are alternatives to tinypic but many of them don't show the photo unless you click the link in the thread entry. That's last-century technology. Imagine if you had to click a link in Amazon or Ebay to see the photo of what they're selling :))
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5517
    I haven't used photobucket for a couple of years.
    I post photos to my facebook, copy the image url and paste that on here.
    I'll give Tinypic a go though!
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6391
    DiscoStu said:
    I post photos to my facebook, copy the image url and paste that on here.
    That does work, but I wouldn't particularly want all Facebook friends knowing my GAS in/outs ;)
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    Chalky;620452" said:
    I know there are alternatives to tinypic but many of them don't show the photo unless you click the link in the thread entry. That's last-century technology. Imagine if you had to click a link in Amazon or Ebay to see the photo of what they're selling :))
    Can't see an app for Tinypic. Flickr, Imgr etc have one which is better for us who use phones for posting here.
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• NunogilbertoNunogilberto Frets: 1679
    Thanks for that - I'll give it a go, after having had bloody murder with Photobucket the last couple of times I've used it...
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2403
    Excellent thread btw @Chalky the more people ditch photobucket the better.
    There are apps (pc) that will migrate all pics from one hosting site to another, easy peasy