How to post pics, TinyPic

What's Hot

Comments

• WezVWezV Frets: 16671
    TheGuitarWeasel;620733" said:
    If you are finding links rather than embedded images, surely the original post with pic was done wrongly. If you look at any of my own posts all you should be able to see is just the image, as its the URL for the actual image on photobucket ... not the link photobucket tries to make you use. Right click and copy image URL, then paste it into the 'image' box here.
    Is this the answer? Will have a play later. I must admit I always use the code they give

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    Yes, you need to set up a free account to keep the photos more than 90 days - they ask for email, a password and your date of birth. So its very easy.
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    57Deluxe;620777" said:
    Tinypic FAQ says any unassociated files posted and unviewed after 90 days may be deleted... it suggests using Photobucket for further functionality!!!
    I think you're missing the point here, for a lot of people on here photobucket is making the forum difficult to use, and in my case incredibly frustrating to the point I don't bother viewing peoples pictures.

So don't use photobucket use an alternative that offers the features you want.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    As I understand it,  pb is only  problem is people just post links so someone has to follow that to the pb site.  If you just click direct and paste into the thread it works fine.     That's using a laptop/desktop though and I agree the mobile side of things is messed up.
    How do you make the link so it doesn't take you to the photobucket website? If thats easy then we can advise folks what to do.
    Chalky said:
    How do you make the link so it doesn't take you to the photobucket website? If thats easy then we can advise folks what to do.
    On the pb site you click "direct"  and then just paste into the ad.    I only do it from a laptop though so I'm not sure about mobiles.
  • FazerFazer Frets: 467
    i've continued using photobucket with the direct image link, and as far as i can tell there is never any problem using it to embed images (with no click-through) in forums

use the 'direct' code and paste it here using the 'insert image'

the photobucket site itself though is pretty appalling to use, but hey, its free so who am i to complain .... first world problems and all that .....

anyway, i will take a look at the tinypic and see if its simpler/clearer to use/manage for uploads
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10388
    edited May 2015 tFB Trader
    What I do is go to my image stored on photobucket ... say this one ...image
    then simply right click your image on photobucket and the click on copy image URL ...then on the top of the 'leave a comment' bar you have the square picture frame icon ... delete all the http bit in that before pasting in the link ... click submit, and the image will appear in the post you are composing ... then when you post the pic will appear not some half arsed link.
    as far as I'm aware, you are linking to the image alone then ... not the whole page and any code they stick in the links they provide.
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    edited May 2015
    What I do is go to my image stored on photobucket ... say this one ...image
    then simply right click your image on photobucket and the click on copy image URL ...then on the top of the 'leave a comment' bar you have the square picture frame icon ... delete all the http bit in that before pasting in the link ... click submit, and the image will appear in the post you are composing ... then when you post the pic will appear not some half arsed link.
    Nah - the picture's been stretched so there are 2 extra, unwanted polepieces  ;)
    Stop crying, start buying
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Moss said:

Nah - the picture's been stretched so there are 2 extra, unwanted polepieces  ;)
    Lol ... but that should be a clean multi string monster image ... not one that links to a site.
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

Great! How do well tell and compel all PB users to do this?
    Chalky said:

I think this thread covers it.     
    But they won't all read it :)
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    Chalky;620906" said:
    This has been the issue all along, not much wrong IF you know how to link properly.
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• NeilNeil Frets: 3621
    I've always posted Photobucket pics on all the sites I frequent and never heard of any trouble.
    tFB Trader
    I think part of the problem is that there has been a massive influx of new people ... who haven't really read the advice/rules for new members. Unlike many other forum sites we don't have a new members' lounge or a posts ceiling to reach before you can participate fully. Personally I would love to see a 'hi and welcome' area where all the info could be put in one place for newbies and they could introduce themselves. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SquireJapanSquireJapan Frets: 698
    For what it's worth, imgur.com doesn't have any of the issues mentioned. I won't use anything else ... nasty pop ups and whatnot on photo bucket are a right pain. I ended up with a dodgy payment going off my phone bill from a dodgy photo bucket advert. Contested it with my phone company and got the cash back. Nasty stuff
    tFB Trader
    As I said ... no need to ever visit Photobucket apart from uploading ... providing people post properly. It's fairly natural for unpaid photo storage sites to include something in a page or link to please their own advertisers ... they are not a charity after all.

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27491
    Personally I would love to see a 'hi and welcome' area where all the info could be put in one place for newbies and they could introduce themselves. 
    Me too.

But how to ensure that they read the content and understand it before posting a couple of ads ...
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16671
    See, I have always used the direct links provided by photobucket and its only recently become an issue.

I will follow ash's method from now on.

The direct link provided by pb does work fine on a laptop, its only on mobiles it gives you the redirect link that loads a million ads before the image.