Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

HRMC destroyed a guy's Custom Order Fender

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• The evidence is certainly stacking up against him, with that post from stickyfiddle showing he already has a tele, which he posted on 3rd Nov...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28672
    edited November 2013
    GazLion said:
    I must admit when I first read it I thought it seemed incredibly unfortunate but legit. Why would he lie about it? He says that he only paid a deposit to the shop, which he got back when the guitar arrived trashed....so why would HE take pictures and go for compensation? The damaged guitar is now the shops concern is it not?  
    Yes, but surely no shop would order a one-off CS Fender without a deposit? I don't remember him mentioning that at any stage, and getting that back would be high on my list in his situation. The whole thing just smells fishy to me, especially given he already has one gold Tele. People don't often go from a Squier and a fake to a CS Fender in one jump, whatever they say about their past with spensive acoustics.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • ICBM said:
    They're either wilfully stupid or intentionally destructive, I can't decide which. And you have *no rights* over it.

Could tell a few personal anecdotes about Excise officials.  It's the culture:  Police powers without the brains or the oversight.  
    "Nobody needs more than 20 strats." Mike Landau
  • GazLionGazLion Frets: 104
    GazLion said:
    I must admit when I first read it I thought it seemed incredibly unfortunate but legit. Why would he lie about it? He says that he only paid a deposit to the shop, which he got back when the guitar arrived trashed....so why would HE take pictures and go for compensation? The damaged guitar is now the shops concern is it not?  
    Yes, but surely no shop would order a one-off CS Fender without a deposit? I don't remember him mentioning that at any stage, and getting that back would be high on my list in his situation. The whole thing just smells fishy to me, especially given he already has one gold Tele. People don't often go from a Squier and a fake to a CS Fender in one jump, whatever they say about their past with spensive acoustics.
    Unless I'm reading it wrong.... he is saying he got the deposit back - (Post 30) - 'I don't think there's any chance of compensation as ive got my deposit back in full'
  • GazLion said:
    GazLion said:
    Unless I'm reading it wrong.... he is saying he got the deposit back - (Post 30) - 'I don't think there's any chance of compensation as ive got my deposit back in full'
    OK I missed that line!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires