Any Motörbike riders here?

What's Hot

Comments

• BenSirAmosBenSirAmos Frets: 425
    @midiglitch. Where are you based? 

We went from Rykas today on a tour of I don't know where (we might have passed Goodwood and Petworth - possibly more than once) with London Bikers. Shit weather but great crowd.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34010

We went from Rykas today on a tour of I don't know where (we might have passed Goodwood and Petworth - possibly more than once) with London Bikers. Shit weather but great crowd.
    Nice.
    What is your username on LB?
    octatonic said:
    Neat.
    I am seriously considering buying this bike if the price can be made to be right.

It does look lovely
  • midiglitchmidiglitch Frets: 172
    Based in the new forest.

@octatonic that looks lovely, is that the newer model with the engine from the cbr 600rr?  
    edited March 2014
    Based in the new forest.

@octatonic that looks lovely, is that the newer model with the engine from the cbr 600rr?  
    Yes the new one anything made from 2007 onwards.
    They have killed off the Hornet- there is a CB650F replacing it but it isn't called a Hornet.

Also looking at a couple of gold ones:

Really it will come down to how I feel about the dealer, price and service history/condition.

£3-4k gets you a lot of choice at the mo.
    octatonic said:

Nice.
    Don't worry I found you.

What happened to Sue today?
  • IanSavageIanSavage Frets: 1319
    Laid mine down for the first time today :( fortunately a low-speed one, hit a patch of gravel under braking and put it on its side - broke the front offside indicator and the end of the clutch lever which is a bit of a ballache...
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2688
    Are you ok Ian?
    edited March 2014
    Sorry to hear it mate.
    What a pain.
    Bikes are pretty cheap to fix though, compared to cars anyway.

I trust you are ok?
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1349
    Thanks guys.  I'm really loving the bike-gives me a grin from ear to ear every time I ride it.

@tone71 not very effective unless you're right down with your chest on the tank, and I'm not doing much of that just yet!  

Maybe give it a run with no screen on and see if it's actually helping at all.  Some of these fly screens actually make the turbulence around your head worse.

@IanSavage Parts can be replaced.  Not fun but from your post I gather that you are uninjured, and you could be typing that with a broken wrist or something.
  • IanSavageIanSavage Frets: 1319
    edited March 2014
    Bit of an ache in my neck and shoulder from trying to save it, but I'm okay - bit of ice on it and should be fine! 

From looking at it I've bent the bars ever so slightly as well, which is a bit more of a pain in the arse - bent it back though, and that just gives me an excuse to put drag bars on when I next get paid :p 
    octatonic said:
    octatonic said:

Nice.
    Don't worry I found you.

Sue is moaning about her back. I feel very bad about throwing her off even though she didn't fall over in shit - but on the other hand, it was funny and it is the worst accident we have had so far, so we are lucky. She didn't like pirouetting in front of 8 following bikers (we were stopping to be corner man) but they are all really nice people so she didn't get too much stick. Great ride out. Great company. Fantastic bike. 
    Glad to hear you're ok. Kudos for planning your next mods for the bike!
    edited March 2014
    IanSavage said:
    Bit of an ache in my neck and shoulder from trying to save it, but I'm fine - bit of ice on it and should be fine! 

From looking at it I've bent the bars ever so slightly as well, which is a bit more of a pain in the arse - bent it back though, and that just gives me an excuse to put drag bars on when I next get paid :p 
    Glad you are ok- did you hit the deck?
    You might be sore tomorrow.

I had a fraught ride home tonight- loads of water on the road and it was approaching icy.

octatonic said:
    IanSavage said:
    Bit of an ache in my neck and shoulder from trying to save it, but I'm fine - bit of ice on it and should be fine! 

I had a fraught ride home tonight- loads of water on the road and it was approaching icy.
    It's going to be a cold one tonight with frost forecast. Take care if going out tomorrow mate.
    octatonic said:
    octatonic said:

Nice.
    Don't worry I found you.

Sue is moaning about her back. I feel very bad about throwing her off even though she didn't fall over in shit - but on the other hand, it was funny and it is the worst accident we have had so far, so we are lucky. She didn't like pirouetting in front of 8 following bikers (we were stopping to be corner man) but they are all really nice people so she didn't get too much stick. Great ride out. Great company. Fantastic bike. 
    I got a bit of gentle ribbing when I had my off- also with that group- they have all been there though and really they made me feel better and got me back on the bike quicker.

We don't have much luck with LB ride outs, eh?
    cruxiform said:

octatonic said:
    IanSavage said:

It's going to be a cold one tonight with frost forecast. Take care if going out tomorrow mate.
    Will do.
    Any ice on the ground and I'm in the car.

I have a late start tomorrow though so it might be ok.
    octatonic said:
    Based in the new forest.

Yes the new one anything made from 2007 onwards.
    They have killed off the Hornet- there is a CB650F replacing it but it isn't called a Hornet.

Also looking at a couple of gold ones:

Really it will come down to how I feel about the dealer, price and service history/condition.

£3-4k gets you a lot of choice at the mo.
    They all look great - but I thought the idea was to buy something cheap so you could a) decide what you really want and b) drop it without it costing too much. My Bandit cost £1500 with about 15k on the clock. I've put on 13k in less than 2 years and it hasn't cost me anything beyond basic servicing (some done at OMC) and other consumables (brake pads and tyres). As with guitars these days, you can get a lot for your money, then decide what you like and then buy it. But I love my Bandit. People say you need to rev them too much - but I love to hear it wail like a banshee. 
    That was the idea but I think I am doing better as a biker and if I drop it, then I drop it.
    The YBR wasn't expensive to repair.
    I'm going to try not to, of course.

I REALLY want ABS.
    I know some people shy away from it but I've thought hard about it and it is the way I want to go.
    A 4 year old bike with around 10k on the clock with a full service history and good dealer support is the way I am going to go for now.
    I'm also going to hold onto it for a bit- no rush to a bigger bike.

I'd like a Bandit or a GSX650F but not many of them with ABS under £4k within 100 miles of me.
    An ER6F is another option.

One of the reasons I'm looking at Hornets is that Chiswick Honda are just down the road, for servicing and parts.
    It is walking distance and the rest of the bike dealers are further away.

We don't have much luck with LB ride outs, eh?
    This was our first off - or at least Sue's first off - in many many years so I think we are very very lucky. I think you will really enjoy LB ride outs this summer. 

A Hornet or Bandit will do you perfectly. I'm not going to get anything else until I ride my Bandit to it's full potential all the time - why should I get another bike before realising the Bandit's full potential? So that means red-lining it everywhere - great fun. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom