Any Motörbike riders here?

What's Hot

Comments

• StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    edited December 2016

Triumph speed four http://iob.imgur.com/uYGg/QPnrITGjMy

Here's my new (to me triumph) 
    I traded it for my r6 due to a wrist arm injury,  I has the r6 got years and just loved it, but I honest find the speed, just as good. 
    The torque defies its CC's and its one of the best handling bikes I have owned, 
    I had a few mods done to it, got rid if the secondary   co2 sensor  (I think that's what its called)  and got it mapped to the exhaust. 
    Such a smooth and powerful bike...... Plus its as green as they come!  

Gave it an good 2 hours worth of detailing after the pic was taken and it looks like a new bike. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33799
    Love it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    edited December 2016
    Thanks @octatonic not a patch on yours but gives me the fizz that my old R1 used to give me do jobs done. 
    Would be nice to have a fretboard ride out next year,  I'd happily come over to Oxford etc, as I won't be doing the nurberg next year  so some small trips would be great. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2556
    edited December 2016
    Nice Speed Four, lovely engines those Triumphs have. My Beemer is under cover but I'm doing a few little jobs to it over the winter. I spent years commuting in all weathers so if I have the chance to have a break when it's cold, I take it. I like looking at maps during the winter. Planning a euro tour in June on my own then a long Alps tour in September with mates. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    cruxiform said:
    Nice Speed Four, lovely engines those Triumphs have. My Beemer is under cover but I'm doing a few little jobs to it over the winter. I spent years commuting in all weathers so if I have the chance to have a break when it's cold, I take it. I like looking at maps during the winter. Planning a euro tour in June on my own then a long Alps tour in September with mates. 
    I have a big touring schedule this year as well.
    Weeks group tour of Germany in May, Spain and Portugal for 3 weeks in June, Sweden and Denmark in July/August and I might be riding to Greece and back in September- will be a long one- about 6 weeks if I do.

edited December 2016
    Cool! If you are riding to Greece, are you spending time in the Balkans? My tour plans to go there too. I'm thinking one way ferry to Spain - Pyrenees - French Alps - Italian Alps - Slovenia - Croatia - Bosnia - Serbia - Hungary - Slovakia - Austria - Czech Republic - Germany - Calais, then home by Eurotunnel. I'm thinking of taking 3 weeks. I have enough annual leave so should be achievable. Camping all the way.
    edited December 2016
    cruxiform said:
    Cool! If you are riding to Greece, are you spending time in the Balkans? My tour plans to go there too. I'm thinking one way ferry to Spain - Pyrenees - French Alps - Italian Alps - Slovenia - Croatia - Bosnia - Serbia - Hungary - Slovakia - Austria - Czech Republic - Germany - Calais, then home by Eurotunnel. I'm thinking of taking 3 weeks. I have enough annual leave so should be achievable. Camping all the way.
    I'm doing something similar.
    I want to go via the north- so Luxembourg, Germany then across to Prague, down to Vienna, then straight down to Greece via Hungry, Serbia, Bulgaria..
    Back more directly- Greece, Albania, Montenegro, Croatia, Bosnia, Croatia, Slovenia, Italy, across to see some friends in Switzerland and back home via motorways to Calais.

There is an alternate version of the trip I am tempted to do just because it looks slightly more like a cock n balls on google maps.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KKJaleKKJale Frets: 982
    An epic win/instant karma vid which cheered me up immensely  :)

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    octatonic said:
    cruxiform said:
    I'm doing something similar.
    I want to go via the north- so Luxembourg, Germany then across to Prague, down to Vienna, then straight down to Greece via Hungry, Serbia, Bulgaria..
    Back more directly- Greece, Albania, Montenegro, Croatia, Bosnia, Croatia, Slovenia, Italy, across to see some friends in Switzerland and back home via motorways to Calais.

There is an alternate version of the trip I am tempted to do just because it looks slightly more like a cock n balls on google maps.

Cool mate. I did Calais to Bordeaux in the pissing rain this year. Not fun. Always have a plan B if you can. I'm sure I would have enjoyed it more without the rain. We suffered a bit but we chose to camp:

Here's my plan, starting in Santander:

Fingers crossed!

Yes, I learned last year when I went to Italy that it is good to have a plan B but that was due to 40 degree heat (plus another 5-10 from the bike).

I haven't done camping- I probably won't this time either.
    Last time I did booking.com ahead of time.
    I reckon I will use Airbnb this time and book on the day or the day before- gives me much more freedom.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited December 2016
    octatonic said:
    Yes, I learned last year when I went to Italy that it is good to have a plan B but that was due to 40 degree heat (plus another 5-10 from the bike).

I reckon I will use Airbnb this time and book on the day or the day before- gives me much more freedom.
    James, with regards to heat/keeping cool I use a Camelbak hydration backpack. When I was in Germany in early September it was 32c some days. It was a godsend for keeping hydrated. We stopped at a McDonalds a couple of times and I filled it up with ice :)
    cruxiform said:
    octatonic said:

James, with regards to heat/keeping cool I use a Camelbak hydration backpack. When I was in Germany in early September it was 32c some days. It was a godsend for keeping hydrated. We stopped at a McDonalds a couple of times and I filled it up with ice :)
    That is a really good idea.
    Do you wear a mesh suit?
    octatonic said:
    cruxiform said:
    octatonic said:

That is a really good idea.
    Do you wear a mesh suit?
    No, I tend to suffer with just a t shirt and boxers under my textiles! 
  • racefaceec90racefaceec90 Frets: 1000
    edited December 2016
    i would like to get myself some motorized transport after 22 years. does anyone know if budget bikes in swindon is a good place to go (as i'm not rich). am looking at this bike and it looks ideal for me tbh  http://www.budgetbikesuk.co.uk/used/kawasaki/gpz500s/gpz-500/swindon/wiltshire/20005516  kawasaki gpz 500 £899.00  

have seen both good and bad reviews of them (the dealer) on google reviews. am no mechanic i have to add.

ta :-) 
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

• quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    i would like to get myself some motorized transport after 22 years. does anyone know if budget bikes in swindon is a good place to go (as i'm not rich). am looking at this bike and it looks ideal for me tbh  http://www.budgetbikesuk.co.uk/used/kawasaki/gpz500s/gpz-500/swindon/wiltshire/20005516  kawasaki gpz 500 £899.00  

have seen both good and bad reviews of them (the dealer) on google reviews. am no mechanic i have to add.

ta :-) 

Don't know the dealer, but I had one of those my first bike. Although it was an import so actually said NINJA on it. :)

Great first bike in my experience because 500 is a reasonable size to be fun (for a while), but the really low seat means you can get your feet on the ground easily for stability. I didn't have it for long (a friend wrote it off), but it was good.
  • SpiderSpider Frets: 130
    I would look for something with a few less miles on the clock, 56,072 miles is quite high.
    56k is relatively ok mileage for a bike with a full service history (not sure if it has this, probably won't).
    Over its 22 years it has done roughly 2500 miles a year which is very low use.

Owning a bike of this age has its pitfalls and if you cannot do any work yourself then I would give it a miss, save up some more money and get something under 5 years old with under 15k on the clock.
    You will enjoy it a lot more.

Sorry didn't mean that mileage was high for year just on ebay a couple with a lot less miles for similar money.
    edited December 2016
    Gone and got this last month, KTM 990 Superduke R, the last of the superdukes without all the electrical / computer rider aids (I'm old school). A 2013 model reg'ed in 2014 with less than 3000 miles on it, it's like new with a load of extras on it. Only had a couple of runs out and still finding a suspension setting I like, but it's near enough for now, it will have to wait for some dry roads for the fine tuning (can't wait).

http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q628/2000Spider/SD2_zpsvqjslmnh.jpg

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MtBMtB Frets: 922
    Yo Bro! A big welcome to another KTMer