Any Motörbike riders here?

What's Hot

Comments

• roundthebendroundthebend Frets: 1206
    @quarky great photos in their own right, but the bike looks superb. You're making me want one.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 32371
    Nice Triumph @quarky , shame you only rode to the end of your drive. :)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jaytmonjaytmon Frets: 168
    MtB said:
    The only downside with the KTM is that in the summer (like the current one) or touring in a hot country, you've got a cylinder head located about 6 inches away from your crown jewels - which can get a bit uncomfortably hot.....
    I noticed this with the SD GT, getting a bit warm around the nether regions. I didn’t have time to notice on the SDR as I was too busy cackling in my helmet like a demented man-witch!

The MTS Enduro was particularly bad - with the extra shielding from the large fuel tank there’s little chance for the heat to dissipate so my legs were getting quite sticky. Would’ve been lovely in winter mind. 
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34308
    jaytmon said:
    MtB said:
    The only downside with the KTM is that in the summer (like the current one) or touring in a hot country, you've got a cylinder head located about 6 inches away from your crown jewels - which can get a bit uncomfortably hot.....
    I noticed this with the SD GT,
    It was definitely an issue with my KTM1190 Adv too.
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 32371
    Last time I was there I was served by a truly terrifying woman who nobody dared cross. If you asked for a slightly different combination of chips, eggs, beans, ham or sausages to that on the menu she'd just scowl at you and shout "Next!"
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I paid a visit to my local Triumph dealer in the hope of test riding the T120. I've not been riding long so they have to send someone out with me for insurance purposes. The chap got changed into his leathers, then we realised the bike was out on long-term loan to a customer so couldn't go.
    I was ready to put a deposit down too. Looks like I'm going back on Friday to sort it out. I just hope they can get me one if I like the ride, because the waiting list is until September currently!

Jack's Hill looks amazing @quarky ;
    It's not a million miles from me so I'm hoping to get there at some point.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Missed a right summer on mine. Didn't put it back on the Rd after the winter and life's problems got in the way can't see it getting out the garage this year. It constantly overheats so probably for the best anyway I love it but it's more temperamental wife.
  • Pulled into work this morning and one of the lads is on his summer spinner, I don’t want to be attracted to it yet I strangely am. 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4328
    Pulled into work this morning and one of the lads is on his summer spinner, I don’t want to be attracted to it yet I strangely am. 

Just to bring you back to earth, try wheeling it up a slight gradient. I have the LT and I am thinking of trading it for something lighter. And I'm no wimp.
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4328
    hywelg said:

And I'm no wimp.
    Not saying you are  :)
  • NunogilbertoNunogilberto Frets: 1679
    I was having a casual look around some bike dealers in Cardiff earlier. Sat on an older Kawasaki Vulcan 900. Lovely to look at but weighed a farking ton. I love cruisers but some of them are so lardy. The Honda Rebel is one I’ve got half an eye on for the future - lovely and light, nice styling and seems a quality bit of kit.

Tell you what though, as much as I like Harleys, I could quite happily ride off on a Triumph - any one of the Bonnies. Street Twin is a superb looking and feeling bike. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    @Nunogilberto the Honda Rebel is great fun to ride. I took one for a test ride and smiled all the way.

I've only been interested in bikes for a year, and got my full licence in November. It was the Triumph Street Twin that hooked me in, but I've just ordered a T120 Black because I will ride with my wife on the back regularly and it's better suited to that, for not much more money on finance.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • NunogilbertoNunogilberto Frets: 1679
    @Nunogilberto the Honda Rebel is great fun to ride. I took one for a test ride and smiled all the way.

I've only been interested in bikes for a year, and got my full licence in November. It was the Triumph Street Twin that hooked me in, but I've just ordered a T120 Black because I will ride with my wife on the back regularly and it's better suited to that, for not much more money on finance.
    Same here, been learning the last few months and have a Marauder 126 (which I like, despite being chronically underpowered). The Rebel is one I’ll be looking at if and when I get my full licence. Other than that, I like the older Harley 883Rs, and I do like the look of the 2013/14 era Bonnies with the cast wheels.
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3434
    Not sure if anyone will be interested, but I’ve got a barely used Rukka Armaxion suit up for sale - wasn’t sure whether to post a Misc£ add for it or just see if anyone would be after such a thing here. 

Anyhoo, if you, or anyone you know, are interested please drop me a line.
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 637
    I'm just in the process of writing an ad for my '99 sv650s (curvy) if anyone is interested.
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2587
    Same here, been learning the last few months and have a Marauder 126 (which I like, despite being chronically underpowered). The Rebel is one I’ll be looking at if and when I get my full licence. Other than that, I like the older Harley 883Rs, and I do like the look of the 2013/14 era Bonnies with the cast wheels.
    Just remember if it's the same 500 which Honda use in the rest of their 500s it needs valve clearances done with the first service.
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
    I have made a purchase.

It makes no sense to have a motorcycle in Singapore.
    We are only here for 3 years and they prices are insanely ridiculous- over $40k for a 2 year old GSA.
    Plus insurance, COE and all that- makes it a non-starter.

Most ex-pats take cabs or get around on electric scooters- the latter is what I have purchased.

This is an Inokim Quick 3.

They are £660 and will do 50km on a single charge- enough to cross the island.
    It will do 30km/h and it is speed limited to that, although the speed limit is 15km/h on footpaths and 25km/h on cycle paths.
    They do prosecute for speeding too, and for riding on roads, which is illegal.

The reality is though that in built up areas you will be lucky to do walking pace because everyone in Asia seems to walk at the same pace as a glacier.

That said, I love it- they are huge fun when you get to a hill like Fort Canning.
    There are ways to delimit them but there is no way I'd do that sort of thing... right?

2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @octatonic are you still wearing full leather bike gear on that!?
    Ha, would be interesting in 33 degrees and 90% humidity.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom