Ponderings: What am I missing?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• DrBobDrBob Frets: 3013
    I'm (bored) getting near the end of my degree and a grad job is lined up so I have a bit of pent-up GAS planned for next year onwards. The plan is to get a Pedaltrain and fill it to the brim with some top-noth pedals. They'll likely be complimenting a Mesa Express, or maybe a Fuchs Lucky 7 depending on what I end up going for - but essentially I normally use a pushed clean tone most of the time, and then pedals to kick it past that.

Here's what I've got already;

Fulldrive II non-mosfet (the core part of my tone, it's rarely off, and never out of comp-cut mode)
    ProCo RAT2 (early one, rarely used except for fun)
    TC Alter Ego (Until buying this pedal I never really had a use for delay. I'm now using it a lot)

I've got another couple of source audio pedals that I doubt I'll be keeping, and I've had plenty of pedals in the past. All I've managed to work out so far is that I need a polytune, a fuzz (face), and a power supply. Apart from that, I'm a bit stumped - except that I don't use modulation to any great degree and could go without.

Suggestions please!

How many times have I told you that you need to stop thinking of that Fulldrive as yours ? ;-) My unexpected favourite pedal is my Boss RT-20, aside from the endless bad Robin Trower impersonations it's incredible, you can have a lend if you like man
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Haha, no such luck matey! :P I might rewire it at some point so that comp-cut is down rather than up on the push-pull. 'Twud make it harder to knock by mistake methinks.

Thanks for the offer, might well take you up on that when I'm back up in Londinium. :)
  • I'll second the CAE404 wah, it's a great pedal. 

If you fancy a compressor have a look at Effectrode's offering. I have one, and it'll really drive the amp too if you use the gain. It has a miniature valve inside it. Actually went to the guys house to buy one, and ended up having a cup of tea and chatting for over an hour! Here's a link http://www.effectrode.com/pc-2a-compressor/

• dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    You really want an Electro Harmonix Micro Synth! No, but wait!

It does Sub Octave, upper octave and a fab square wave distortion filter sweeps auto-wah (that's a bit of an understatement really) and slo-gear type stuff. Loads of analogue synth fun. The only drawback is that they have a rather large footprint. Like this.
  • If you're on a Josh Homme thing why not try a Stone Deaf PDF-1. Then send it my way when you're bored with it?
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3341
    monquixote;88916" said:
    guitargeek62 said:I'll check out the Xotic SP Comp - I like the sound of their EP booster too but I'm not convinced my these micro pedals from a practicality point-of-view? *edit* Aha, Grissom's a user... good enough for me then!I 

I don't have a problem using them, but the SP is a very set and forget type of pedal and avoids the Mooer teeny knobs.
    Same here with my EP and the default factory setting works well but the internal dip switches are a no- brainer. They're solidly built too and your only dilemma might be where to place it on your board i.e. before/after which pedal, as it makes a difference
  • Looks like a Klone'll be my first purchase, I'm holding off from any more until I buy the amp they'll be used with. :)