Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Feckin' Xmas

What's Hot

Comments

• Last year my kid's wanted this poxy sit on Triceratops that does near fuck all except take up space and cost - £400.  Got it second hand unused for £60, with a bit of a drive.  IF they had got it new between them that is all they would have got.  My kids have learned that the more we can save the more likely that will get extra bits.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  •  I cannot find anything on it that says its been used....
    Other than the "Condition" saying "Used".
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28355
    I have 4 kids so £100 max each for us. No you can't have an iPod!!!!!

The thing that you need to do when they are young is find a way to con them into thinking they are on the naughty list, then you announce that Santa won't be bringing pressies this year because they are on the naughty list.

My kids have waaaay too much stuff already, but the irony is this ......... my girls (8 & 12) have spent days playing with the big box that my new cab came in. I wish I'd hidden it until X-mas now.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  •  I cannot find anything on it that says its been used....
    okay funny man, I meant when we went to collect it the actual condition of it is pretty much new, no apparent wear on the wheels or anything.. apparently the boy it was intended for also got a 6v Ferrari and the digger never got a look in.
  • vizviz Frets: 10781
    CabbageCat;85125" said:
    strumjoughlamps said: I cannot find anything on it that says its been used....

Used is good for diggers. Genuine muck. Normally should cost extra.

Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • vizviz Frets: 10781
    We are not buying things this year apart from a book or a Cd. We are getting "family experiences" presents.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    I'd love to go down the used/second hand route, and would, but the Mrs just won't entertain it. Think it stems from her and her sister having fuck all when they were kids, so u can understand it. She earns enough to support her madness, but I just keep thinking guitar or nice holiday when I see it all on Xmas morning. Should be a few nice gifts, nice dinner, nice day, job done.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Now that I'm old and rich I'm quite tricky to buy for so I spend the year drawing up a list of things I want a bit but not enough to actually buy them. It's up to 40 items or so this year so whichever ones I get will still be a mild surprise.

I have 14 (or 19 depending on whether mates hold a party) presents to sort out for other people and very few of them are helpful enough to provide a list.

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I grew up not celebrating christmas, I think when we have kids the other half and I will have a little friction, I don't want to spend stupid money. Kids who have everything turn out to be ungrateful little shitbags. I would also make them share a console, keep it in the living room.
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2043
    I can understand that view but my kids are well behaved, strong performers at school, polite, definitely not filled with a sense of entitlement and definitely not "ungrateful little shitbags". There's more to parenting than the amount you spend on presents - both ways.
  • strumjoughlampsstrumjoughlamps Frets: 3368
    edited November 2013
    holnrew said:
    I grew up not celebrating christmas, I think when we have kids the other half and I will have a little friction, I don't want to spend stupid money. Kids who have everything turn out to be ungrateful little shitbags. I would also make them share a console, keep it in the living room.
    mmm I remember getting an Oric 1 48k for Xmas that hardly got used until I got a portable tv for my birthday the following march.. inbetween that time it went like this.

get home from school do homework; Dad gets home from work Mum dishes up tea; after tea I want to play Oric Dad wants the news on, only one winner there.
    time for bed
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 563

Well the plan this year was to down scale from the position last year which was already tolerable. However this plan already seems to have turned to poo as the youngest (at Uni) does need a replacement for her old PC and has reasonably offered to take this functional gift as her present. Problem is it has been viewed as the £££ threshold by the other off spring! 

Ho hum. better break open the 'Kemper fund' piggy bank.

• JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    I'm going to dig out all the shit we bought them last year that is in cupboards and still unopened and wrap it up again, see if they like it this year.

• First mistake: two kids.

Actually, that's the only mistake.

We have one, who's expensive enough by herself. Fortunately, she's old enough to work so we're letting her have a year of pretending to be an adult while going to college, then we're sending her down t'pit.
    <space for hire>
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 563
    First mistake: two kids.

We have one, who's expensive enough by herself. Fortunately, she's old enough to work so we're letting her have a year of pretending to be an adult while going to college, then we're sending her down t'pit.
    LOL, I've finally got one of mine at work and she openly sees it as a challenge to continue sponging off us. 

God, the collieries. There's a miss.

"So young fella, yer 9 yrs old now, so what do you want to be? Dr? Lawyer? Vet?"

"Er, not sure yet Dad....."

"Then it's the pit for you my lad, yer starting tomorrow, and you can tip yer pay up to yer Ma"

Job done.

Yes, I agree, but since they're twins there wasn't much choice. 

I harbour hopes that they will become the next Jedward.
    ^^^^^^

Sweet Jesus no. Cept for the money.
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    Chuffola said:

Yes, I agree, but since they're twins there wasn't much choice. 

I harbour hopes that they will become the next Jedward.
    People these days have no imagination... burlap sack and a river were all you needed. Now it's been too long, I'd bet you've gone and gotten all attached to the both of them (or as twins you can't remember which one is your favourite, another rookie mistake - disfigure one so you know which is which)
    jd0272 said:
    ^^^^^^

Sweet Jesus no. Cept for the money.
    Of course the money! Jesus Christ!    :-O
    Myranda said:
    People these days have no imagination... burlap sack and a river were all you needed. Now it's been too long, I'd bet you've gone and gotten all attached to the both of them (or as twins you can't remember which one is your favourite, another rookie mistake - disfigure one so you know which is which)
    I like your style.