Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Jam Courtesy Rant.

What's Hot
Leaving butter in the jam... so annoying.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• vizviz Frets: 10781

Or when you need to take the next motorway junction and you're stuck stationary in the middle lane and the slow-lane cars refuse to let you in so you have to stop and create a big gap in front of you, which all the cars in the left are happy to occupy, but they're in front of you so it still doesn't leave you a space to enter the left-lane.

Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12539
    octatonic;5811" said:
    Jam isn't too bad. Marmite though *shudder*

• or when you say hello to Bruce Foxton and he tells you to f**k off
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Discovering that jar of marmalade is actually apricot jam :x
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    When you get a bit of string caught between your teeth..

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • When the woman next to you on the tube trains hand strokes your crotch, you give her a wink and she doesn't even smile
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34026
    When you meet Paul Weller in a lift and ask him what floor?
    Fucker never even said thank you.
    When you bump into a doorway and apologise to it but it just stares woodenly back at you.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    edited November 2013
    @jookychap we might have to rescind your admission into CSC for that.
    viz said:
    @jookychap we might have to rescind your admission into CSC for that.
    I feel truly humbled. I can only apologise

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    When the printer mangles up your paper and doesn't even apologise
    My V key is broken
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    octatonic said:
    I don't like butter on stuff I'm putting jam on.

Hmm I virtually never use butter in sammiches ... peanut butter goes on the bread, jam straight on the bread... cold meats is salad cream (no butter - why would I need any?). Hot meats is meat juice and sauce (normally a spicy barbecue)... only time I have butter on bread is toast or toasted crumpets... maybe toasted bagels... assuming nothing else is going on the toast.

So my jam is always butter free
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    There has to be butter. Not 'spread' (get a butter dish), but butter. And never leave it in the Marmite. Marmite rules.

Top tip 1- put a tablespoon of Marmite in yer gravy on a Sunday, my word, does stuff that's just good and don't taste like Marmite.

Top tip 2- always do fried eggs in butter. Not 'spread' or spray stuff. It might kill ye, but fucking hell, yum yum.

That is all.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
    jd0272 said:
    There has to be butter. Not 'spread' (get a butter dish), but butter. And never leave it in the Marmite. Marmite rules.

Top tip 1- put a tablespoon of Marmite in yer gravy on a Sunday, my word, does stuff that's just good and don't taste like Marmite.

Top tip 2- always do fried eggs in butter. Not 'spread' or spray stuff. It might kill ye, but fucking hell, yum yum.

That is all.
    Have a wisdom - couldn't agree more. And a chip butty without melted butter running down your fingers is plain criminal..

• equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6264
    edited November 2013
    jd0272 said:

On the money! I do this every Sunday with the gravy too  .but also add a good splodge of Lea & Perrins. Big yum.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • This is one of my pet hates, finding "additional" substances in jars.

One thing I find totally disgusting is the habit of scraping Butter/Spread back into the dish/tub after buttering toast, yes, I know people like this exist. Uncouth is a total understatement, that or just fucking lazy.

FFS, can't people judge better how much they are going to use or just use what you scrape, or maybe use another knife for butter/jam etc.

'Kin Tramps.

:-&
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • When I were a kid, my dad would go spare if he found toast crumbs in the butter

I once tried to start a campaign called CTOBBITS - the Campaign To Obliterate Black Bits In The Sugar. We had communal tea/coffee at work and I got pissed off with people stirring their drink and THEN putting the spoon in the sugar jar. I care a lot less now, I don't use sugar ;)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • @jd0272 have you tried marmite on your bacon sarnies? beats salt & pepper every time!
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12123
    octatonic said:
    an offence worthy of transportation to the colonies
  • @Phil_aka_Pip

CTOBBITS, Lol. Yes, I heartily agree that is another Firing Squad Offence. You inherited good habits from your Dad.

I know I'm anal about things, but there is no excuse for this level of grossness.

O:-)
    Only a Fool Would Say That.