Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Jam Courtesy Rant.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4071
    I love black bits of toast crumbs and Marmite streaks in my butter -- well, vegan marge to be precise.  It used to drive my ex- insane I seem to recall.  I think she may even have used her own spreads to stop me polluting them. 

I don't get much chance to do this now because I don't eat much bread these days.  But I did like a nice streaky, bitty, margarine tub.  Oh and blobs of peanut butter where good too.  Jam was not so good cos I preferred savoury bits.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • imaloneimalone Frets: 748
    Apparently they're going to stop putting butter on the M25.
  • Grunfeld said:
    I love black bits of toast crumbs and Marmite streaks in my butter -- well, vegan marge to be precise.  It used to drive my ex- insane I seem to recall.  I think she may even have used her own spreads to stop me polluting them. 

I don't get much chance to do this now because I don't eat much bread these days.  But I did like a nice streaky, bitty, margarine tub.  Oh and blobs of peanut butter where good too.  Jam was not so good cos I preferred savoury bits.

@Grunfeld

You must immediately seek out Father Karras as you are clearly possessed by Pazuzu.

It's not too late, if you run. Has your furniture moved around by itself? Did some Pea Soup disagree with you lately?

We are hear for you!

:D
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    Phil_aka_Pip;85729" said:
    @jd0272 have you tried marmite on your bacon sarnies? beats salt & pepper every time!
    @Phil_aka_Pip nah its enough with me wife trying to do me in without letting nature help, never salt me bacon. I do the eggs in butter remember, gotta look after the body I've got left!!!
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • Definitely agree on black bits in sugar. Uncouth bastards I tell you.

What's worse though is ketchup or brown sauce in a bacon sandwich. If you need anything other than butter you need to try better bacon.

And people who like their bacon stringy. Not so much the stringiness, but rather that they never think to ask how anyone else likes their bacon when cooking for others. It's only crispy bacon folks who seem to extend that courtesy.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires

• Definitely agree on black bits in sugar. Uncouth bastards I tell you.

What's worse though is ketchup or brown sauce in a bacon sandwich. If you need anything other than butter you need to try better bacon.

And people who like their bacon stringy. Not so much the stringiness, but rather that they never think to ask how anyone else likes their bacon when cooking for others. It's only crispy bacon folks who seem to extend that courtesy.
    I like both red & brown sauces in a bacon sarnie. But not with marmite. That's either or. I like bacon fat to be crispy, but the meat bit to be not quite so crispy so I press the fat on the bottom of the frying pan so that it cooks more than the meat. It gives a satisfying little 'spit' when it turns fro blubbery to crispy.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • When I were a kid, my dad would go spare if he found toast crumbs in the butter

I once tried to start a campaign called CTOBBITS - the Campaign To Obliterate Black Bits In The Sugar. We had communal tea/coffee at work and I got pissed off with people stirring their drink and THEN putting the spoon in the sugar jar. I care a lot less now, I don't use sugar ;)
    If you'd replaced 'Campaign To' with 'Help' it would have been more popular and you'd have been sued by Miramax.
    You don't need much knowledge of anatomy to appreciate the fundamental ubiquity of opinions.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    We never had jam or butter when I were a lad.

• We never had jam or butter when I were a lad.
    I think you're being misled by the spelling;  they're talking abaat BU-AH, int they?
    You don't need much knowledge of anatomy to appreciate the fundamental ubiquity of opinions.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • When I were a kid, my dad would go spare if he found toast crumbs in the butter

I once tried to start a campaign called CTOBBITS - the Campaign To Obliterate Black Bits In The Sugar. We had communal tea/coffee at work and I got pissed off with people stirring their drink and THEN putting the spoon in the sugar jar. I care a lot less now, I don't use sugar ;)
    If you'd replaced 'Campaign To' with 'Help' it would have been more popular and you'd have been sued by Miramax.
    Good publicity idea though! Wish I'd thought of it. Wisdom duly awarded :)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6264
    stickyfiddle said:

Noooo you've GOT to have HP sauce on the bacon... it's the law don't you know and dagnabit it's a tradition down south where I comes from  ;)
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28355

One thing I find totally disgusting is the habit of scraping Butter/Spread back into the dish/tub after buttering toast ...

Word.