Dear Ellie Goulding

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• She's awful. I loosely know one of her keyboardist/guitarist chaps. Easiest job in the world just telling a laptop to play a backing track...

(Yeah, yeah, lots of it's triggerred live but it's hardly Rush for complexity is it?)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jesus....all the rubbish that's out there at the moment and Ellie Goulding gets it in the neck?!

Wide of the mark, gents, on this one.

I don't get the problem - she's done some cracking tunes, some good tunes and some bland tunes. That's more that I would say about 90% of the "proper" bands out there.

I wouldn't call myself a fan, I wouldn't rush to see her live, but there is a humungous list of acts who would have me reaching for the TV remote to change channels much quicker than Ellie Goulding would.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Wisdom, sir...she's got a bit of character and songwriting nous.
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13581
    edited November 2013

I don't get the problem - 
    thought I explained that quite clearly ?            My problem is I just cant stand her voice, nothing else.   simples.  QED  and all that

I

:)
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73238
    I understand. I do like *her* voice, but there are plenty of artists whose songs and music style in general I like, but can't get past their voice. Like Jeff Buckley.

And then there are others who are just irritating all round. Like Passenger.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2043
    I honestly have no idea who she is. I'm so out of the loop these days - chart music just seems to pass me by.

I'll check her out later so that I can form an opinion and then keep it to myself. Probably.
  • Mrs D is a fan so I've heard her album lots and lots but I can't remember a single tune from it. She's a pretty lass but her songs are forgettable (or that could be be my age)

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

• dindudedindude Frets: 8575
    Wide of the mark, gents, on this one.

Disagree.

Most crap is just, well crap, I.e. not my cuppa so I turn it off, but not often bland. 

I find musical blandness offensive, and I haven't been this offended since Scouting for Girls were frequenting the airwaves.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom