Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

What is your mental age?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• IanSavageIanSavage Frets: 1319
    In my head I never left 25. Old enough to have made a few mistakes and learned from them, not so old as to be afraid of making more. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

my mind keeps telling me I can do the same things I could when I was 18.

My body disagrees.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13581
    varies immensely,       I dont think Ive ever felt my age, so Ive no idea how old Im feeling at any particular time so I guess anything from about 6 to 86,

:D
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Never having been any older than I am right at this moment in time, it's impossible to say I feel about 80. For years I still thought I was 18, and could fuck, fight, ride a bike and eat shite. Well, those activities have dwindled somewhat, particularly the fucking, fighting, bike-riding and eating shite.

I'm hazarding a guess that I have a mental age of about 30-ish, because, despite my advancing years and supposed wisdom and maturity that allegedly brings, I find it hard to take most things seriously. Not that you'd guess.

• I haven't matured - emotionally or mentally - beyond 14. I reached that age in 1970 and it was a shit time. But I can't seem to grow up (although 2013 is great time - the very best time if it wasn't for drummers).
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13581
    I think as you physically get older,  your mental age divides and becomes more extreme........... you find yourself going things a 6 year old might do...................and thinking like an 80 year old................
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 563
    I've always been 22, I was a weird kid

• ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    I still like Sponge Bob.. so I guess that makes me about 9 and 3/4
    play every note as if it were your first
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3614
    As my body has aged it has made me aware of my mortality. I can't run and skip or climb trees or suchlike any more, that is somewhat self inflicted too by a sedateory job and too many years smoking (I am a reformed smokeist - hopefully not too late).
    As a consequence my mental age is like the body, middle fifties. That stops me being a plonka sometimes but not always.
  • I'm 46 but mentally I'm still somewhere around 17!  Spend most of my spare and/or work time thinking about guitars, amps and fx pedals. Still fantasise about being in a band despite not having been in one since 1998! Still laugh at certain words with my 7 year old e.g bum, butt, pants, plop (you get the idea!) Looking forward to getting him a Fart-Blaster gun for Christmas.  
    B-)
    Link to my trading feedback
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3614
    I'm 46 but mentally I'm still somewhere around 17!  Spend most of my spare and/or work time thinking about guitars, amps and fx pedals. Still fantasise about being in a band despite not having been in one since 1998! Still laugh at certain words with my 7 year old e.g bum, butt, pants, plop (you get the idea!) Looking forward to getting him a Fart-Blaster gun for Christmas.  
    B-)
    A good fart at the right time is still a funny thing, that part of schoolboy humour remains intact.
  • CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549
    edited November 2013

I've felt like a proper grown-up for quite a long time now but I do empathise very easily with kids (boys mostly cos I is a boy) around 7 to 12. I get very excited about robots and monsters and superheroes just because they are robots and monsters and superheroes. I play dress-up-and-make-believe games (not the bedroom sort) in fields. I have long "who would win" conversations with my nephew - not just to entertain him but because I like to talk about that stuff.

So I see myself as old but emotionally retarded.

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Clarky said:
    I still like Sponge Bob.. so I guess that makes me about 9 and 3/4

Who doesn't?

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    It was 19 for a while but now I feel about 24.
    My V key is broken
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    I still like Cow & Chicken, and Wile E. Coyote. Plus Scrat. Scrat should have his own series.

• NeilNeil Frets: 3706
    I feel about 70 but only have the mind of a 58 year old.