Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

TRADED!! Gibson Historic R8 Les Paul 1958 reissue

What's Hot

Comments

• matt1973matt1973 Frets: 386
    Bad Cat Black Cat & 1981 Tokai Breezy for R8?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5107
    edited February 2014
    Thanks for the offer but I don't need another amp head at the minute. 

Keep the trade offers coming please people! :)
    260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • This doesn't bode well as I'm thinking of selling mine....the market is very odd at the moment. Still have a good luck bump!

• And that is a good weight for one of these!
  • And that is a good weight for one of these!
    It sure is! Lovely resonant Les Paul R8 still available.
    260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • TrotterTrotter Frets: 516

Bargaintastic! People must be mental to walk passed this and go pick up a standard/tradtional or whatever they are called now. The difference is night & day.

Have a bloody bargain bump! :)

• A gonad, kidney & installments? My dream R8 right there at the dream price & I'm stoney :((
    Seemed like a good idea.....

• vizviz Frets: 10771
    That's a good point - would you do installments? Not for me, just enquiring. Like 4 x 400 or something. Bizarre it hasn't sold. I'd have it were it not for my car repair bill of 1600 last month, gah
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • This went for daft money:

http://bit.ly/1hqhAsq

Could've bought your R8 and almost had enough change for a regular special.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Pm'd
    edited February 2014
    Trotter said:

Bargaintastic! People must be mental to walk passed this and go pick up a standard/tradtional or whatever they are called now. The difference is night and day. Have a bloody bargain bump! :)

Thanks, and I agree!
    viz said:
    That's a good point - would you do installments? 
    Er, not really no.  :)
  • Trotter;165334" said:
    Bargaintastic! People must be mental to walk passed this and go pick up a standard/tradtional or whatever they are called now. The difference is night & day.  Have a bloody bargain bump! :)   
    What are the differences?
  • redrighthand;166164" said:

What are the differences?
    They're made more like the vintage guitars in the Custom Shop, almost correct vintage style hardware, better woods, higher level of craftsmanship all round.

9lb3oz for an all solid guitar from gibson these days is light, a traditional will be like a lump of granite and a standard is chambered these days and a different animal.

My R8 is 9lb4oz and took some finding - this is a good weight and a great price.

• mcsdanmcsdan Frets: 451
    This is an aboslute steal at this price. They are streets ahead of standards and traditionals IMHO and for roughly the same price. I made the jump a few years back after playing standards (and a good one at that) and the tone and feel are superb.
    edited February 2014
    Here's a great response I've had from Gumtree where it's also up for £1600:

"I am sorry to say that i believe you are over value for this Les Paul.  I suppose that for you to sell it without a lot of messing around you will need to substantially reduce your asking price and then I will be  seriously interested."

What an eejit. Anyway, I have a trade in the offing and by the time England take to the field at Twickenham on Saturday the R8 should be in the safe hands of another forum member. Thanks for the positive comments above guys.
  • Nice one - hope you got something nice
    Seemed like a good idea.....

• stuagustuagu Frets: 334
    edited February 2014
    fretfinder;167390" said:
    Here's a great response I've had from Gumtree where it's also up for £1600:

"I am sorry to say that i believe you are over value for this Les Paul.  I suppose that for you to sell it without a lot of messing around you will need to substantially reduce your asking price and then I will be  seriously interested."

i think you showed admirable will power to be able to resist such a tempting offer! :-)

• This is priceless.

"I am sorry to say that i believe you are over value for this Les Paul. I suppose that for you to sell it without a lot of messing around you will need to substantially reduce your asking price and then I will be seriously interested."

That's of course why they usually sell at £2k.
  • This is priceless.

"I am sorry to say that i believe you are over value for this Les Paul. I suppose that for you to sell it without a lot of messing around you will need to substantially reduce your asking price and then I will be seriously interested."

That's of course why they usually sell at £2k.
    I get it all the time when i sell something on there it gets quite frustrating and when you tell em to fuck off they get offended saying they are offering you a fair price!

bargain at £1600 that is.
  • I can't believe this has hung around so long at this price, maybe just the timing.  It makes me laugh some of the offers you can get when selling on Gumtree and eBay etc.  I was selling a Gibson LP 50s Tribute on eBay, it was mint, from the first run with P90s etc.. some guy messaged me and offered £275.  When I replied asking if he was joking, he criticised the guitar and acted like he was doing me a favour! I sold it for the Buy it Now price within a few days.