Classic Player Jazzmaster re-finish project

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ewalewal Frets: 2649
    I think the guard will meet with your approval ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3964
    edited February 2016
    Have you lacquered it? Just wondered as it has a nice sheen to it.
    It's a nitro finish including clear coat from Manchester Guitar Tech. The finish is by no means perfect but the colour hides most of the imperfections. I'm happy with it if you take in to account my inexperience and the fact I was spraying outside in January!
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3964
    Well it looks great. The colour really suits it.
  • Needs a nice red spitfire guard ;)
    no, it really doesn't

black or white for the win
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Hope to get a better picture that shows off the Ice Blue. I'm happy.

http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp345/ewal_01/Mobile Uploads/IMAG1152.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • do you want some white covers for that to match your knobs?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    Cheers for the offer. I've decided I might revert to black witches hats knobs and stick with the parchment or cream covers (or whatever off white shade they are).
  • That looks really smart :)
  • ewal said:
    Cheers for the offer. I've decided I might revert to a black scratch plate with white plastics  
    Good choice sir!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    :)
  • I have to say, I wasn't convinced about the colour until I saw the finished photo, with that lovely tort scratchplate. Excellent choice, that man! It looks stunning.
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Thanks. The colour is a lot more convincing in the flesh so to speak. Just my crappy photos.
    And don't praise the scratchplate! He'll be on at me again ;)
  • you're damn right I will :-P
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7125
    tFB Trader
    Great job!
    Thanks. Great colour!
    The colour is a bit better represented in this daylight picture.
    http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp345/ewal_01/Mobile Uploads/IMAG1161.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Tasty!
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....