Epiphone Black Beauty Markup...

What's Hot
HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8042
...after a bit of modification...£1299.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9865
    Yeah, but it is free p&p ;)
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10444
    Yeah but it does have Epiphone USA pickups,and not just two, but three.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8042
    Ooooh, look - there's more!

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• RickydRickyd Frets: 149
    Bloody hell, they want some money for those Squires don't they?
    But you do get a FREE hard case with the £1.5K Squier Police Tele...

• This guy has amazed me for years.  Mostly because they sell for those prices.  In fairness a lot of work goes in to them but I am really, really curious as to who buys them.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73185
    Yuck.

Cream plastic on a Custom, why do people do that?

:)

In fact they look like fairly decent jobs really, and must have been a reasonable amount of work. The Fool SG especially is pretty cool.

Whether that justifies the prices is another question. Some look like better value for money than others. It depends on how much work there is in the refinish… but I wouldn't be surprised if it wouldn't cost you as much as that if you bought the guitar, the parts, and did all the work apart from the refinish yourself. Some of the detailing is a bit crude though, eg the scratches behind the bridge on the 'Kossoff' Les Paul...

But no more silly than some of the 'proper' guitar companies' special editions and signature models - either price or quality - really.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6943
    edited January 2016
    Oh this clown again. Read his TC's - you might not even get the guitar shown in the photograph and it could take over a month for delivery....

The way I read it he's a chancer who keeps the stock guitars then starts the abortion process when some mug on eBay clicks BIN.

I'm not saying they aren't good guitars they might be very good albeit very expensive.

Terms & Conditions Summary: Instruments listed via eBay are often listed elsewhere for sale as well as made available direct via our website and as such, some items may be ‘sold’ prior to your purchase - in this instance, a guitar of equal quality and production value / designation shall be automatically produced for you immediately and dispatched as soon as possible – because of this, please note that the instrument received may vary slightly from that pictured. Any and all accessories mentioned as part of the listing, including cases, may also vary subject to availability. We operate a no returns / refunds policy as standard, due to the nature of the bespoke guitar productions involved each guitar is always slightly different, making each one unique – buyer remorse or change of mind is not accepted as a reason for return / refund. Any and all questions relevant to your purchase must be made prior to committing to purchase, questions and / or comments made after payment is made shall not be considered relevant – the burden is upon you, the buyer, to be fully aware of the specification and / or details of the item you are purchasing. Once your payment is confirmed, your guitar will be run through our standard quality control, service and set-up procedures before being authorised for dispatch via secure courier service, this process may take up to and including 2-3 weeks depending on our overall workload and we quote a standard 33-35 working day delivery estimate, which covers all geographical locations. Commonly, guitars are processed and dispatched within 1-2 weeks but our maximum estimate for delivery as confirmed via the eBay listing details, applies to any and all purchases made. Once guitars are collected via courier, the courier assumes full responsibility for the safe delivery of the item and we will not be held liable for any loss or damage as a result of the courier's conduct - our basic courier services (provided as part of the listed shipping & handling price) includes a £50.00 insurance coverage for loss or damage but insurance can be upgraded on request (at your additional cost) please contact us if you would like to have enhanced insurance cover and we shall provide you with a quotation ASAP, contact us for details. The Painted Player Guitar Co.® is a Registered Trademark and the artistic or hand-crafted work we offer is based on inspiration and as a tribute only, we do not produce direct copy's, or exact replicas, of any instrument, we simply take inspiration from guitars of the past to produce our inspired by tributes. We are not affiliated with, or endorsed by any artist or guitarist, as we only produce our own inspired by and modified tribute guitars, please ask for a copy of our terms and conditions, because you adhere to these regardless once your bid is placed / payment made, we advise that all customers make themselves fully aware of these terms and conditions before purchase and for piece of mind. International buyers are responsible for any and all import duty and / or customs tax applicable with their purchase – by law.
    Previously known as stevebrum
    1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    The TC's kind of read as if 'your' guitar might only be made after you've paid up via eBay...

• IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6943
    edited January 2016
    Exactly - he's probably made and sold a few of each now so has photos of finished guitars.

The thing is - a bit like Butcher Phillips people buy them so good luck to him.

Just don't get buyers remorse if you do!
    Previously known as stevebrum
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Ah… I didn't read the T&Cs.

He needs to make it clearer that they're built to order and you're not buying the actual one in the pics. It shouldn't make a *lot* of difference with most of them, but with ones like the flame top Les Pauls it might.

Not sure how enforceable they are either, but I'm not going to pay up to find out! Even though I quite like a couple of them I'm nowhere near enough of a fanboy to want to own one.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• That's probably against eBay Ts&Cs.

Also, last time I checked, "The Painted Player Guitar Co.®" was not a registered trademark.
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3023
    Thing is if he's doing the relic job accurately then in the instance of the Frampton relic crashing a plane in order to then drag the guitar from the burning wreck every time must be pricey right ?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Apparently, "we are...a dedicated team of guitar enthusiasts, luthiers, artists and technicians "

• mortmort Frets: 720

Well, he's sold quite a few looking at the feedback and the buyers seem pleased.

However, by page 4 of the feedback its all for used car parts, not guitars. Change of career from car parts dealer to luthier!

• ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    The guy's been selling them for 5 years with positive feedback so he's evidently found a niche market.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30322

What's the round plate on the back for? The one in the middle.
  • This guy has amazed me for years.  Mostly because they sell for those prices.  In fairness a lot of work goes in to them but I am really, really curious as to who buys them.

I appreciate what hes trying to do but really your into decent guitar money at £1300 either new or secondhand!

I guess its really the fanboys and collectors that might be interested, I doubt hes building up a large empire doing this if he cant even afford to register the Painted Player tademark he bands about...!!

• LewliganLewligan Frets: 544
    edited January 2016
    Iamnobody said:
    Once guitars are collected via courier, the courier assumes full responsibility for the safe delivery of the item and we will not be held liable for any loss or damage as a result of the courier's conduct - our basic courier services (provided as part of the listed shipping & handling price) includes a £50.00 insurance coverage for loss or damage but insurance can be upgraded on request (at your additional cost) please contact us if you would like to have enhanced insurance cover and we shall provide you with a quotation ASAP
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Tell me another one sir.

So this moron really thinks that if a guitar happens to go missing or turns up in fucking bits, he's not responsible..?
    What planet is he living on?

Insurance is for YOU, the seller, to cover you in the event of loss/damage. It's not the buyer's responsibility to pay for your fucking shipping insurance. It's YOUR responsibility to get it to them in one piece. If the courier is at fault, tough shit, it's still your responsibility. The buyer WILL get a refund, so you better be covered.

Anyone can write their own T&Cs... they're still not enforceable.

I could write "all relatively attractive female buyers must nosh me off prior to dispatch" at the bottom of all my listings.
    Can I enforce it..? Unfortunately not.

I feel like reporting him just for those T&Cs.

"We operate a no returns / refunds policy as standard"

No... you don't. Because eBay don't.

If I receive a guitar and I think it's different to the one pictured (after he's sold the one pictured and made me a different one), guess what... it's being returned, and as far as I'm aware, you can't turn down an "item is not as described" return.

Also, why isn't this seller registered as a business when it is clearly a business set up?
    Another breach of eBay policy.
    Buying guitars with the sole purpose of modifying them and selling at a profit = business.

Questions/comments made after payment is made won't be considered relevant?
    You're a fucking business, of course they're relevant.

I.e. why have I received a guitar different to the one pictured?
    Seems pretty relevant to me. Couldn't give a shit what your poxy, policy breaching, unenforceable T&Cs say.

Clowns like this don't half boil my piss. Thinking they can sign up to a site like eBay and start making their own rules up.
    Fuck off.
    Check out my Fretboard Trading Feedback HERE!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 16reaction image Wisdom
    Sassafras said:
    What's the round plate on the back for? The one in the middle.
    On Neil's Les Paul there is a tensioner for the bridge fitted through the body there - presumably to stop it moving when he goes wild with the Bigsby, or falling off altogether when he goes completely mental and rips the strings off. (See Glastonbury performance.)