Epiphone Black Beauty Markup...

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• wot @Lewligan said ^

The whole thing screams 'dont deal with' in my eyes. Your right on so many levels Lew - the guy shouldnt be able to sell on ebay with any additional T&C's. So many Shops and Traders try this shit

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    @Lewligan

Couldn't have put it better myself.
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3614
    Looking at that Frampton, that poly finish really does leave nasty edges where it's been flaked off, not like the nice smooth relic you get on a nitro. The neck must feel awful, not a players guitar by any stretch of the imagination.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9803
    This guy has been annoying me for months but I couldn't quite put my finger on why exactly. Now I know it's the pseudo-legal but worthless T&Cs that he uses to frighten potential buyers into thinking that's it's all their fault.
  •  I'm pretty sure you can't enforce your own terms and conditions on eBay. Saying "Once guitars are collected via courier, the courier assumes full responsibility for the safe delivery of the item and we will not be held liable for any loss or damage as a result of the courier's conduct - our basic courier services (provided as part of the listed shipping & handling price) includes a £50.00 insurance coverage for loss or damage but insurance can be upgraded on request (at your additional cost) please contact us if you would like to have enhanced insurance cover and we shall provide you with a quotation ASAP, contact us for details." is meaningless - it is always the sellers responsibility to ensure it arrives in one piece on eBay and if it doesn't the buyer is entitled to a refund AFAIK.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73185
     I'm pretty sure you can't enforce your own terms and conditions on eBay. Saying "Once guitars are collected via courier, the courier assumes full responsibility for the safe delivery of the item and we will not be held liable for any loss or damage as a result of the courier's conduct - our basic courier services (provided as part of the listed shipping & handling price) includes a £50.00 insurance coverage for loss or damage but insurance can be upgraded on request (at your additional cost) please contact us if you would like to have enhanced insurance cover and we shall provide you with a quotation ASAP, contact us for details." is meaningless - it is always the sellers responsibility to ensure it arrives in one piece on eBay and if it doesn't the buyer is entitled to a refund AFAIK.
    Correct, and Ebay/Paypal will back you up.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9865
    I'm always annoyed by any business that asks the punter to pay for insurance in case the courier or postal service doesn't do the job it's been paid to do.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30322
    Thanks ICBM. That makes sense.
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9803
    He also claims that "The Painted Player Guitar Co" is a Registered Trade Mark. I checked (I work in a related area), and it's not.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    "We operate a no returns / refunds policy as standard"

Heh. Not in the EU you don't mate!
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1772

I used to live literally down the road from him (never met, no idea who he/she really is). But according to google they live on a roundabout near Tesco in Basingstoke.

Noticed a Hendrix strat of his go on ebay a few years back for under £200 - when it was probably a grand for the original owner. Now I cannot comment on the standard of the instruments however I'm almost certain they ebay ad said words to the effect of "this is an ornament not a guitar, it doesn't play well as a guitar".

I once sent him an enquiry about how much an SRV#1 replica was (before I built my own, just out of interest) and the rough quote that came back was insanely ridiculous !  

• mixolydmixolyd Frets: 826
    edited November 2016
    Con artist.  I'm surprised he doesn't have two pages going through selling points like these deceptive ads usually do.

Why not buy this similarly "retro-d" Epi instead for 1/7th of the price?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Custom-Epiphone-Les-Paul-Goldtop-56-Retro-/322326819843?hash=item4b0c2cf403:g:U0cAAOSwcUBYKEbY

hmm zero feedback but still feels less sketchy.

edit: link doesn't seem to work but it's there titled "Custom Epiphone Les Paul Goldtop 56 (Retro)"
  • He sells on eBay under multiple ID's.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• mixolydmixolyd Frets: 826
    Fixed the link.  This ones in Norway and not trying to charge Custom Shop prices so I doubt it's the Tesco roundabout guy!

I like the way these guys have done it: starting price below the street price of the original guitar.  Assuming their reserve price is reasonable that is.
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    Didn't @gassage have one of his - the Andy Summers' Tele?

• GassageGassage Frets: 31261
    Yup- and it was absolutely outstanding. And so was their detail.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    @Gassage said:
    Yup- and it was absolutely outstanding. And so was their detail.
    That's what I thought - maybe overpriced new but not totally shite ;)