chase bliss delay

What's Hot

Comments

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7828
    Well. That's a let down.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12050
    I was hoping it'd have longer delay time.

550ms is about the same as meet maude, good for most things, just wish it could be longer got flexibility. Will wait for sale I think but it's not out until end of May so that's ages away.
  • I was hoping it'd have longer delay time.

550ms is about the same as meet maude, good for most things, just wish it could be longer got flexibility. Will wait for sale I think but it's not out until end of May so that's ages away.
    Yeah the delay time is a bit limiting.

Excuse the stupid question but what is the "ramp" feature?
    edited January 2016
    You can use the ramp knob in conjunction with the dip switches to act like a virtual expression pedal. It can ramp and hold up or down or bounce... it's very cool

Seems internal trimmer can over clock.

Pretty sure I'll be sticking with the moog though.
  • You can use the ramp knob in conjunction with the dip switches to act like a virtual expression pedal. It can ramp and hold up or down or bounce... it's very cool

Seems internal trimmer can over clock.

Pretty sure I'll be sticking with the moog though.
    Hmm that does sound pretty awesome...just the right size to replace my Malekko 616 too!
  • Totally not let down at all :)

To get four MN3005's in there would mean a new pedal size for Chase Bliss and probably a new PCB. I would bet that this is the forerunner to a bigger delay in the future with 4xMN3005/1100ms in delay. Most companies do it in reverse (eg. Diamond had the Memory Lane out for years before the Junior and Counterpoint). Going straight into a big delay would be a pretty big financial commitment for a company that's still quite new. 

So it's small, gives you DM2 and DMM options, it self oscillates, it's analog, all the MIDI bits and bobs, tap tempo, modulation options galore, the ramp element... sounds pretty damn good to me. 

• Can it receive midi clock data?
    Can I say lol?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • im just a bit tickled by this whole incident 

The hype train seemed to get derailed about 10 feet from the departing station 

and I would speculate that enclosure couldn't fit midi in there with all the other stuff (I dont know for sure)
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • Just figured it might be a cheaper option to the H9! Midi clock imperative though.
  • wayneiriewayneirie Frets: 419
    edited January 2016
    Pretty sure there's midi on all his pedals. Not massively into boutique stuff but you have to admit the level of engineering is astounding.
    GavRichList;939033" said:
    Can it receive midi clock data?
    I think midi is possible but you need to buy a converter from him. Not sure if they do clock though. .. will have a look at my others

• Just figured it might be a cheaper option to the H9! Midi clock imperative though.
    The H9 offers soooooo much though. 
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9708
    I really like the Chase Bliss stuff...

...I just wish I could understand them...

• BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    @gavhaus If you look at the wording on the top left jack, it says tap/midi
    @gavrichlist yes it receives midi clock. You need the converted empress midi box though.
  • Ah, not worth the spenny. As you were!
    All the other can using the modified Empress Midibox. See MIDI configuration at the end of the manual. 

That appears to be consistent across the range (WV, Gravitas, and Wombtone) so I assume the Total Recall will be the same. 

• im just a bit tickled by this whole incident 

The hype train seemed to get derailed about 10 feet from the departing station 

and I would speculate that enclosure couldn't fit midi in there with all the other stuff (I dont know for sure)
    Which is weird considering there's not even an audio demo out yet. It is expensive but CB can't help the pound sinking against the dollar in recent months (GBP's lost nearly 20 cents against the dollar since June).