Worst song you'll admit you like?

What's Hot

Comments

• There loads but I don't consider them bad songs. Some that spring to mind are:

Spaceman by babylon zoo
    Ebenezer goode by the shamen
    Freestyles by bomfunk mcs

ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Nikko said:

Apologies for this..fit though ;)

https://youtu.be/r26krlXFmOI

Transmission Vamp were awesome....and yes Wendy James had quite an effect on my as a a 14 year old  @-)
  • Oh yeah Iron Man by sabbath, Monster riff but some of the worst song craft known to man
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72981
    Shamefull....

[Bon Jovi - Dead Or Alive]
    And in the same spirit...

Dreadful song - admittedly not having English as your first language probably doesn't help, but the second verse is unforgivable - hideous 80s keyboard sounds and riff, appalling make-up and hair... but brilliant:

Magnificent guitar solo too.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

No… wait… I have it!

I challenge anyone to find a worse song than this laughable load of Euro-drivel which I absolutely love :D.

I suspect the words aren't actually any more more meaningful if you speak Romanian either.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4371
    ICBM;957315" said:
    No… wait… I have it!

I challenge anyone to find a worse song than this laughable load of Euro-drivel which I absolutely love :D.

I suspect the words aren't actually any more more meaningful if you speak Romanian either.
    Do you want a translation? I work with a Romanian girl.

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11415
    There's a lot of late 60s/early 70s pop that I love, but this is one of the best. I love Chip Hawkes' voice.

And on a related note:

CHRISB50 said:
    Do you want a translation? I work with a Romanian girl. 
    There's one available online, which may not be accurate but if anything like close she'll probably still be none the wiser as to what it means! She's probably familiar with it, it was a huge hit in Europe when it came out.

• Deliberately terrible "sounding" songs, but hilarious lyrical content.

:-B
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6234
    tFB Trader
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23534
    I must admit Cherry Pie sprang to mind when I saw this thread... but I don't think it's any kind of "worst" song, it's an absolutely brilliant song!
  • Philly_Q said:
    I must admit Cherry Pie sprang to mind when I saw this thread... but I don't think it's any kind of "worst" song, it's an absolutely brilliant song!

No, you were right first time...it's terrible.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • eSullyeSully Frets: 981
    ICBM said:
    No… wait… I have it!

That is, without doubt, the worst entry so far (that's a good thing). And yet it somehow feels wrong to give you a wisdom for that ;)
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7915
    ICBM said:
    No… wait… I have it!

I was going to offer MMMBop, but that's much worse, so I'll go with this beauty from my childhood:

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • scrumhalf said:
    There's a lot of late 60s/early 70s pop that I love, but this is one of the best. I love Chip Hawkes' voice.

And on a related note:

The Tremeloes are a fine band, My dad played in a support band to them back in the late 60s and said they were a great live act too. . Their close harmony vocals must be up there with the Beatles, The Move and The Hollies. Their single Call Me Number One must be one of the most overlooked number 1 chart hits going.

As for my own guilty pleasure, I have a bit of a soft spot for Lieutenant Pigeon's Mouldy Old Dough. Just a cheery sounding tune. They looked like they were having good fun while doing it too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aO5GWJJP3FM
  • Mmmbop for me. It always makes me smile.
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4065
    I like lots of pop of dubious quality.  Always have done.  Here's the current soundtrack in my head... I have no idea why it's playing.

Emma Bunton, "What Took You So Long"

• stimpsonslostson;959089" said:
    Mmmbop for me. It always makes me smile.
    Mmmbop is a fucking great tune and has no business in this thread. An absolute pop classic.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stimpsonslostson;959089" said:
    Mmmbop is a fucking great tune and has no business in this thread. An absolute pop classic.
    I thought anything off frogstomp was better. For example:

ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23534
    stimpsonslostson;959089" said:
    I thought anything off frogstomp was better.
    Nah, Daniel Johns was at his peak when he was in Hanson.