Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Show your Bicycles.....

What's Hot

Comments

• jonevejoneve Frets: 1492
    jimmyd said:
    Wisdom to all the BTwin recommendations they look absolutely bargainous. I was very tempted to get one of the Mach 720 ones for some cat 4 races next year. Race proven frame. 105 groupset. What's not to like ?
    Precisely. Styling is a bit love it/hate it, but I love them. Absolutely stunning value for money. Got my Alur with full 105 for less than £600. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7350
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

My incoming new bike:

Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2504
    I'll also need to get some updated photos of my bike and my wife's bike.

Mine is now pretty much a full tourer with endurance 25c tyres, SKS mudguards, pannier rack and panniers, additional water bottle, frame pump and lock holder. Weighs a fair bit though, I reckon over 15kg.

My wife's now has some very fetching Lizard Skins bar tape in celeste green (which greatly improved road vibration)
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
  • I ride a 2015 Merida Scultura 4000. Love it, and could only justify it on the Cycle to Work scheme.
    I also ride a Muddy Fox Milano urban as my commuter, it was a £160 Argos bargain 8 years ago and has been fantastic.

I'm getting itchy for a new road commuter. Liking the Planet X London and Charge Plug.
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    I just bought a Merida big nine 29er great spec bikes !
  • Been getting awfully tempted by a new bike since I got back from the Tour, I'm still on the antique Bianchi!

Came very close to getting the credit card out in Evans' sale the other day on a Cannondale CAAD8 with Sora, but I can get a B'Twin with some 105 bits and Mavic Aksium wheelset for less.

This is worse than guitar GAS! I'm pretty sure the 'Dale frame and forks will be a better upgrade platform though. Decisions, decisions...
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • NiallmoNiallmo Frets: 467
    I've de-biked a bit lately and have three on eBay currently but I'm picking up an 80's Dawes Impluse with Reynolds 531c frame and forks. Ive put the original wheels back on my Carrera so have some Shimano RS-21's to go on the Dawes. It'll also get the Tektro brakes from the Carrera as I've got mostly 105 parts for it.
  • Been getting awfully tempted by a new bike since I got back from the Tour, I'm still on the antique Bianchi!

Came very close to getting the credit card out in Evans' sale the other day on a Cannondale CAAD8 with Sora, but I can get a B'Twin with some 105 bits and Mavic Aksium wheelset for less.

This is worse than guitar GAS! I'm pretty sure the 'Dale frame and forks will be a better upgrade platform though. Decisions, decisions...
    Mate of mine rides a Cannondale CAAD-X. He raves about it, and it's not his main bike. I'm also considering one as a commute bike.
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1492
    Been getting awfully tempted by a new bike since I got back from the Tour, I'm still on the antique Bianchi!

Don't let the price tag of the B-Twin fool you...their frames are very good (maybe not Cannonade good, but at this level, are you really going to notice much difference?). They have their own fan dangled product design and development village in Lille.
  • I'm currently umming and ahing about getting either a Boardman hardtail 29er or a full sus 27.5 to replace / complement my Marin. 20% off, with the British Cycling 10% discount as well means prices are gooooood!
    Good time to buy a bike 2016 models on run out 2017 models on the way
  • BensonBenson Frets: 242
    edited August 2016
    The summer carbon missle ...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y9nslvre0qiqi96/Bike1.jpg?raw=1

The winter titanium steed ...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cf3qqgrrka8rca7/Bike2.jpg?raw=1

Neither get much use at the moment sadly :(
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Posh bikes indeed! There's a chap lives near me that builds Titanium bikes to your precise requirements and measurements. What's it like to ride on?
    http://www.jlaverack.co.uk/
  • BensonBenson Frets: 242
    edited August 2016
    Posh bikes indeed! There's a chap lives near me that builds Titanium bikes to your precise requirements and measurements. What's it like to ride on?
    http://www.jlaverack.co.uk/
    It's a lovely bike, very comfortable with an all day longer riding position. Superb brakes too and with 32mm tyres means it's good on the typical winter roads. As someone who keeps breaking carbon fibre frames (I'm on my third in 18 months) it's quite reassuring to ride as I can go out in all weathers without worrying. It's not got mudguard mounts but I've found someone who can fit them for me, not as easy as you'd think on Ti. 

Those J.laverack bikes are absolutely lovely!!
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28354
    Me with my Kona Kula deluxe after 45km cross country this morning

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Do you need a bigger bike ?
    The de-biking is going welll....errr... I've just bought another steel frame bike, possibly by a very well renowned custom builder with a Shimano 600 Tricolore groupset and Mavic wheels that at the very least makes the wheels  worth more than I've bought the bike for! 

If it is custom it'll be at least 531c. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Loving this one:

Campag hubs on Mavic rims. Profile bars, mixtures of Shimano 600 brakes and front derailleur and 105 crank arms with Suntour GPX rear derailleur. SLR brake levers. Lots of DA Marsh stickers and it's quite light!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v375/Niallmo/Bicyles/FIt's CD93D29-50A9-49DB-92BE-C67DDA2316D6_zpsihen2fsc.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v375/Niallmo/Bicyles/B0CF27E1-B82A-47B2-B241-D586430FC090_zpsyekbdz06.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v375/Niallmo/Bicyles/2239DC1E-0F92-4AF0-9421-D5A4EAFAC7AE_zpsfx3z7h8v.jpg

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom