WHY, WHY, WHY????

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3927
    Get yourself a Roland Cube 80 and lock yourself in your room for a year.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Ha ha, cheers Tony. 

I'd still need my POG2 and BUZZ BOX though....
  • ragingbenragingben Frets: 107
    Deadman said:
    Get yourself a Roland Cube 80 and lock yourself in your room for a year.
    This. I used one in our rehersal room the other day rather than my amp cab and board, it sounded awesome! The rectifier emulation was great, got a decent-ish crunch too. Covered all bases and is one unit, one cable etc. I reckon I'd gig it if I had a footswitch for it. All in all very impressed!
  • I once swopped a woolworths copy of something whose great grandad might have been a telecaster, for a quarter. The other bloke was robbed ;)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1134
    When my proper band ended in 2004 i sold all my gear in pursuit of all things fancy and great, i went from a DSL100 with an oversized 2x12 and a few select pedals all the way through just clean amps with pedals....Multi channel small combos....Axe FX Ultra and poweramp...various heads and smaller cabs....and now i'm back to a simple Marshall esque head, an oversize 2x12 and a few select pedals....turns out i had it right the first time!

I think all guitarists go on this journey at some point, you have to try the other shit to know what you already have :D

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5077
    edited August 2013
    ICBM said:
    I can beat that. I sold a 1957 Les Paul Special (yes really, all-original except for repaired headstock crack) for £1250 in 1992 and used the money to buy some recording equipment, which less than ten years later was worth precisely nothing. I still can't laugh about it and I doubt I ever will, but I'll never do anything like that again...

That sounds like a lot of money for a LP Special in 1992, especially with a broken headstock?
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33849
    edited August 2013
    Deleted.