What's Hot
1121314151618»

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27900
    Philly_Q said:
    Paul_C said:
    Addendum #1

Four more purchases from Exmouth Market
    Presumably Exmouth isn't really that bad?
    We should have a forum/thread visit to Exmouth - firstly to find out whether it's "bad" or not, but mainly just to visit the now world-famous Exmouth market CD stall.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7918
    I don't think it's bad, but it's full of happy memories so I'm biased :)

It's a small seaside town with all the benefits and downsides that might produce. I could happily go and live there if it wasn't for having all my offspring living close to me.

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    edited November 2016

Three more from a recent trip to Exmouth:

CD#477  Lambchop - Aw Cmon (is what the CD case says, it turns out the CD inside is actually No You Cmon which was released at the same time)

Nothing breathtaking, but nice, though my favourite of the three is:

CD#478 Lambchop - What Another Man Spills

Again quite understated but tuneful and beautifully played.

CD#479 Teenage Fanclub - Man-Made

One of their later albums and quite dull and unremarkable - someone will no doubt tell me the early stuff is better - for some reason they have completely passed me by, though if everything they've done is like this I haven't missed much.

• Yeah, Man Made isn't the best TFC album by a long way. My favourites are Grand Prix, Songs From Northern Britain and Bandwagonesque. Those three are amongst my very favourite albums of all time. Howdy is pretty damn good too.
     I'm pretty sure you can get GP and SFNB as a cheapo, double CD pack these days.
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
    edited November 2016

I forgot to add my previous visit to this thread, so here it is:

Another trip to Exmouth, six more to listen to: 

CD#471 Clare Teal - The Road Less Travelled

Not what I thought it was going to be at all. As it came from the Folk section I was expecting something at least folk-ish, but it turned out to be "easy-listening jazz". She has a fine voice and a bass player who's not afraid to play lots of notes, but it struggled to fill me with joy.

CD#472 Tom Waits - Alice

Tom Waits doing what Tom Waits does, I liked it but I'm not sure I will be buying everything else he's ever done.

CD#473 Tindersticks - Waiting For The Moon

This was dreary and dull. 

CD#474 Aimee Mann - Lost In Space

I like this a lot, I'd forgotten about Aimee for a while until I re-listened to an MP3 album of hers and bought this as a consequence.

CD#475 Iron & Wine - The Creek Drank The Cradle

I couldn't remember what I made of the previous Iron & Wine album (Day 81) I bought when I picked this up but it's not bad if nothing special.

CD#476 Teddy Thompson - A Piece Of What You Need

I bought this because it has my favourite of the few Teddy Thompson songs I've heard on it - Don't Know What I Was Thinking - there are some other good tunes on here too.