Anyone with Vodafone?

What's Hot
Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
edited March 2016 in Off Topic
My contract with EE is finally over, nothing wrong with them other than their crappy website. I found out the other day that I get a 20% with Vodafone who are also offering a deal with 2 years Spotify included, my trial with them is due to expire and I was going to go premium anyway at £10 a month.

What's the general view of their service/signal nowadays? 4G service in the Midlands mainly
Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73231
    I've been with them for more years than I can remember. Can't think of anything wrong with them, it just works. But then I may be fairly undemanding.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• snakemanStoosnakemanStoo Frets: 1708
    Mrs Stoo and I are with them, generally no problems with service etc.

However M-i-L had quite a lot of problems with their service and attempt to leave and had no end of problems.
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6309
    I'm with them, too, but only because Vodafone was the only network with coverage at home and at work. Maybe you can use the OpenSignal app to check your local coverage?

(Their sweetheart tax deal with HMRC still annoys the hell out of me, so I will change as soon as there's an alternative.)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    goldtop;1007558" said:
    I'm with them, too, but only because Vodafone was the only network with coverage at home and at work. Maybe you can use the OpenSignal app to check your local coverage?

(Their sweetheart tax deal with HMRC still annoys the hell out of me, so I will change as soon as there's an alternative.)
    I've bought a sim card to check coverage inside the house which "seems" to be OK, famous last words. EE has to run through a signal box via wifi at home for a signal but the Vodafone one costs about £80 so I'm hoping to avoid that. I'll have a play with the app and see what it shows.

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    I've been with Vodafone for years, their service is usually OK wherever I go but like insurance companies, you never really find out what they're like until you have a problem.

• lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    Yeah I'm with them, no complaints.

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

• BenSirAmosBenSirAmos Frets: 425
    When it works, it works. When it doesn't work, it's shit. That's probably true for all providers though.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34024
    edited March 2016
    Mrs Oct is with Vodafone and the reception is particularly shite in our village.
    We had to install a Vodafone basestation that connects to our home network and she needs to use her phone in a particular room.
    She is always moaning about it but it is a work phone so she has no option than to use it.

I am with EE- I get a better reception in the house but I have the phone connected directly over wifi so no need for additional hardware and it generally runs much, much smoother.
    edited March 2016
    Just found this on the site
    https://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/network/network-improvements/wi-fi-calling/index.htm

Anyone using this for a signal at home?

• SnapSnap Frets: 6276
    Been with them a couple of years, previous with o2.

I found O2 coverage better.
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1772

I'm going to be making a sweeping statement here.........

"All your major phone companies are in reality exactly the same to deal with"

As already pointed out as long as you don't have an issue they're there in the background, you pay your monthly bill and it works fine.

Been with Vodafone for ten years now, only had one problem which was caused by a third party agent they were using. In a nutshell he phoned me for an upgrade, made a deal that was too good and he shouldn't have and tried to delete the records of it. Vodafone initially didn't have any records of the contact but when I pressed the matter they sorted it out and were very professional.

I find the coverage is good in my area and is the only mobile provider where coverage is available where my father lives.

• derndern Frets: 357
    I've gone from Vodafone to EE and have found the reception to be a fair bit better both at home (Newbury) and on my travels since I swapped.
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24882
    I had a work-supplied mobile from them.

Reception where I live in South Manchester was appalling - to the point of being unusable some days when I was working from home.
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3614
    Been with them decades, had son and now Mrs Blonde on them. Do trips to the near continent a couple of times a year and service is decent enough (pre arrange coverage abroad). Not hugely demanding user mostly.
    One of the better coverages near home where only '3' coverage is stronger but then 3's irratic and drops out a lot too.

• gubblegubble Frets: 1772
    dern said:
    I've gone from Vodafone to EE and have found the reception to be a fair bit better both at home (Newbury) and on my travels since I swapped.
    Now I am surprised about that given where Vodafone's head office is !
  • derndern Frets: 357
    gubble said:
    dern said:
    Yeah, I was too.
    Oh well, in for a penny in for a pound. Just gone and put another 2 year ball and chain round my ankle

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73231
    gubble said:
    dern said:
    One of the very few things I ever had to complain about with Vodafone is that years ago I used to get terrible reception in the house, which I thought was a bit odd because if I step out of my patio doors I can actually see the tower, about 200m away. I phoned their customer service to ask why, and was told that I was "too close to the transmitter" and what I was getting was a problem with reflected signal from somewhere nearby - and that they would make a note that at the next scheduled service, the engineer would change the "base frequency" (I think) and that would fix it.

Although I understand the physics and the explanation did make sense, I still got the impression that I was being fobbed off with something that would sound like science to the average customer, so I didn't expect anything to happen. But sure enough, a couple of weeks later the signal suddenly went to full strength in the house and has remained like that ever since.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Bygone_TonesBygone_Tones Frets: 1531
    I was with them for a few years, but certain areas around here the reception was non existant. Had no problems since swapping to 02.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2720
    ICBM said:
    I've been with them for more years than I can remember. Can't think of anything wrong with them, it just works. But then I may be fairly undemanding.
    Me too. Been with them for years, used my phone all over Europe and it's never let me down.