Anyone with Vodafone?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• gubblegubble Frets: 1772

Now I said the other day I've never really had a problem with them

Upgrade day is today - agreed the upgrade and they will deliver it to either my home or work address. Home is a no go as I'm at work between the 8am-6pm window for deliveries. They also need me to sign for it and nobody else.

They will only deliver to another address within a 15 mile radius of the home address. My work is as the crow flies 13 miles from home, however by road it is just under 17 miles. So they won't deliver.

Ok rules are rules but if you're going to offer delivery to another site at least be a bit reasonable, lots of people work more than 15 miles away from home and I can provide ID with my home address on it for the courier if needs be. I tried to state that it is within a 15 mile radius (on a map for sure rather than whatever route the delivery driver takes) and there is nothing in the T&C's on their delivery about a radius but they wouldn't budge.

They asked if I could take a day off - to wait in for a telephone to be delivered? No thank you I'd rather spend my holidays doing something much better than that.

Maybe a bit of a knee jerk reaction but I cancelled the contract. The guy I spoke to agreed with me it was ridiculous they wouldn't deliver and didn't mind me cancelling.  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    gubble said:

Now I said the other day I've never really had a problem with them

Upgrade day is today - agreed the upgrade and they will deliver it to either my home or work address. Home is a no go as I'm at work between the 8am-6pm window for deliveries. They also need me to sign for it and nobody else.

They will only deliver to another address within a 15 mile radius of the home address. My work is as the crow flies 13 miles from home, however by road it is just under 17 miles. So they won't deliver.

Ok rules are rules but if you're going to offer delivery to another site at least be a bit reasonable, lots of people work more than 15 miles away from home and I can provide ID with my home address on it for the courier if needs be. I tried to state that it is within a 15 mile radius (on a map for sure rather than whatever route the delivery driver takes) and there is nothing in the T&C's on their delivery about a radius but they wouldn't budge.

They asked if I could take a day off - to wait in for a telephone to be delivered? No thank you I'd rather spend my holidays doing something much better than that.

Maybe a bit of a knee jerk reaction but I cancelled the contract. The guy I spoke to agreed with me it was ridiculous they wouldn't deliver and didn't mind me cancelling.  

I would cancel for something like that too. Although if you just let it get delivered you'd be able to pick it up from your local post office when it couldn't be delivered....Bit of a pain in the arse but not the end of the world. 

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11548
    We've been with them for a few years now.  Coverage is ropey at work.  Phone calls are normally ok but data speed is like 1998 dial up modem.  Coverage at home is good.  I can get some coverage at my mum and dad's which is a bit of a black hole for all the networks being on the wrong side of the hill where they have their transmitters.

They mess you around when it comes to renew though.  I phoned them and asked for a decent deal, and said I would leave if they didn't come up with a decent price and and they refused to come up with anything decent.  It was only when I phoned to ask for my PAC code that they offered me something decent.  If they mess me around like that again I'll leave anyway on principle.  To be honest I'll probably go SIM only in future whatever network I'm with.
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1772

They were using DPD as a courier so I'm assuming it couldn't be left at a post office?

Honestly after an hour of dealing with it I just thought - you know what life's too short

• jonevejoneve Frets: 1492
    Customer service is average and I find their coverage (in the gloucestershire area) utterly shite for anything other than "GPRS" or "E" and outside of gloucestershire it wasn't much better unless you were close to a town/city. 

I've recently switched to EE as work decided they would provide me a phone contract and sparkly new iPhone 6s...Absolutely no complaints so far, 3G and 4G coverage is MUCH better. Can't think of many times where I've needed it and it's not been available. 
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4720
    Have both EE and Vodaphone (work) reception on Vodaphone is crap at home (in SE London) and varies quite a lot and I have to travel a lot for work.
    EE I have no such problems.
    I often have to divert my company phone to my personal one for conference calls
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    I cancelled my DD with them a couple months ago and they still won't let me pay my bill manually, which is annoying as it's building up and I don't want to pay 4 months worth of bill in one lump.

Spoke to them again this morning and hoping it's been dealt with, they have given me a £10 credit (woop di doo) for my inconvenience.

I suppose something like this could happen with any provider though.

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

• Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    Soooooo, Vodafone. Hmmmm...

When I signed up in the shop I was told that for the first month the bill would be the full rate without the 20% discount Im qualified for and it would be applied the following month. Forgot about this, and when I checked they havent applied the discount at all. Called customer service who said go back to the shop with a payslip and theyll sort it out. Went to the shop today and these numpties have signed me up as a business customer instead of personal and said the discount cant be applied and Ill have to call customer service. Called customer service and whilst they offered to switch me to a personal contract I asked for it to be escalated and for someone to call and discuss my options such as cancelling the contract (my weak threat) or some form of compensation for mis selling me the contract as I wasnt old it was a business one.

Im not holding out much hope of cancelling, Im happy with the phone, plus I get Spotify premium for 2 years, but to be frank the network and coverage is crap so changing back to EE wouldnt bother me apart from having to pay for Spotify.

What would you try and bargain for in this position?
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    edited July 2016
    Soooooo, Vodafone. Hmmmm...

When I signed up in the shop I was told that for the first month the bill would be the full rate without the 20% discount Im qualified for and it would be applied the following month. Forgot about this, and when I checked they havent applied the discount at all. Called customer service who said go back to the shop with a payslip and theyll sort it out. Went to the shop today and these numpties have signed me up as a business customer instead of personal and said the discount cant be applied and Ill have to call customer service. Called customer service and whilst they offered to switch me to a personal contract I asked for it to be escalated and for someone to call and discuss my options such as cancelling the contract (my weak threat) or some form of compensation for mis selling me the contract as I wasnt old it was a business one.

Im not holding out much hope of cancelling, Im happy with the phone, plus I get Spotify premium for 2 years, but to be frank the network and coverage is crap so changing back to EE wouldnt bother me apart from having to pay for Spotify.

What would you try and bargain for in this position?
    Contact them on Twitter or via their forum, and explain the situation, and hopefully someone will get back to you to get something resolved.  I would even link them to this thread, just to show that you have taken your grievance further afield than the confides of the Vodafone forum and non-Vodafone customers will see it and it could possibly put them off.  

It really is their fault so I personally think you should be able to cancel but I'm sure they will have some way they can stop you from cancelling unless you pay them for the remaining months on your contract minus VAT.  If you can't cancel then I would try to get your 20% discount extended.  

To be honest I am on BT Mobile, who use the same network as EE, and I find them great.  I have BT Broadband and I get the mobile a wee bit cheaper because of this here so I do.   If you have BT Internet then I would suggest you look in to BT Mobile.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16301
    I find Vodafone poor
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4779
    I work in the industry, installing base stations. Anecdotal experience is almost worthless, from a signal perspective. If somebody days EE are great and Vodafone are rubbish, only take that as relevant if you live in the same house. Otherwise it teally depends on where the nearest base station is and what obstructions are in the way, what room you are in etc. All the operators are investing massively in the networks and there is no absolute answer to who is the best. The best one is the one that provides signal in the places you go. If you change Networks, find a mate who has the network you are thinking about and check their signal at your house and place of work, if possible. Also note, there is a massive push for 4G at the moment which is causing interuptions to networks, both planned outages and also on recently upgraded sites that require network optimisation, so what might be an issue one day might be fixed the next.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    I was previously on EE which I hardly noticed if it missed a beat, Vodafone on the other hand is noticeably different. I don't get a 4g signal anywhere near as consistent as on EE, there's usually a compromise and this time it was gaining spotify but on a different network. There's bigger problems in life I suppose 
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....