digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 27081
Just spotted this on their owner's page:

Conclusions from that:

- 45W
- Two channels
- Independent volume, gain and EQ for each channel
- Dual switchable master volumes
- Presence and depth

Reading between the lines - and this is a total guess based on Martin Kidd's involvement in the Custom 22 - is that this could be a made-in-China version of the abandoned Jet City Earhart amp (which was essentially the Cornford MK50 mk II with a few changes, but hand-made in the UK).

On a personal note: fuck, I'm hacked off because I really want this, but I can't justify yet another amp, having just shelled out on the Kraken.
<space for hire>
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CHrisP86CHrisP86 Frets: 360
    That definitely has the layout and features of the MK50. Don't really use my MK enough to justify a backup for it, but...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    Almost certainly the shelved earheart!

Jet city could be about to play the end game!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 27081
    edited March 2016
    timmysoft said:

If it is, and they don't basically win the entire sub-£800 amp market, I'll be bitterly disappointed in humanity. The Earhart is practically legendary.
    <space for hire>
    More possible confirmation of the speculation: he's just said it's 2 x EL34.
    <space for hire>
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4238
    timmysoft said:

If it is, and they don't basically win the entire sub-£800 amp market, I'll be bitterly disappointed in humanity. The Earhart is practically legendary.
    I've never heard of it till now... ;)
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3020
    guitargeek62;1019930" said:
    digitalscream said:

timmysoft said:

I've never heard of it till now... ;)
    Ahhh but now you have !
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4292
    edited March 2016
    Ooh exciting

Wonder what sort of money it will sell for and how close the tone actually is compared to the MK50ii

I'd snap one up straight away. I loved my MK50 head but couldn't justify it sat around doing very little when I paid £1600 for it.

I could more than stomach a cheap copy though the price would have to be good as you can pick up a MK1 for 750-800 used now

I shall remain glued to this thread for updates
    @Fortheloveofguitar - remember, the MK50/Earhart link is purely speculation on my part.

Given the quality of the rest of the range, though, I can't see any way that this could end up being bad in any case.

More speculation: the Custom 22 is a whopping £13 more expensive than the JCA22H. Given that the JCA50H is £263, it's a reasonable expectation that this is going to come in at less than £300.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscream;1019957" said:
    @Fortheloveofguitar - remember, the MK50/Earhart link is purely speculation on my part.

Given the quality of the rest of the range, though, I can't see any way that this could end up being bad in any case.

More speculation: the Custom 22 is a whopping £13 more expensive than the JCA22H. Given that the JCA50H is £263, it's a reasonable expectation that this is going to come in at less than £300.
    Just popped over to the FB group for a look and there's quite a few people jumping on your theory. Very interesting

Though the Cornfords and the Earhart both shipped with 6L6 tubes and I think they sound better with those that EL34's
    edited March 2016
    digitalscream;1019957" said:

Just popped over to the FB group for a look and there's quite a few people jumping on your theory. Very interesting

Though the Cornfords and the Earhart both shipped with 6L6 tubes and I think they sound better with those that EL34's
    Which FB group? I picked it up off Doug's personal page.

I stand corrected on the EL34/6L6 thing. Perhaps it isn't...

...he did tell me that there might be a Custom 50 in the pipeline (Custom 22 with the JCA50H power section), so that's something else to consider.

EDIT: It's might be noteworthy that he's responded to everybody's questions on that thread except mine, asking if it's an Earhart-alike.
    <space for hire>
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31918
    I'm on my third Jet City, I wish they'd stop doing this!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @Digitalscream

Scroll down to Dougs post from 16th March 22:49pm

There's 55 comments in the thread

https://m.facebook.com/groups/104936312880708
    Ah, excellent. Doug all but confirms that it's based on the Earhart, and he even calls it the Amelia. I think that's all the confirmation we need, really. Also, price is "less than the 100HDM", as I thought.

The drive channel seems to be a bit different. Honestly, it's probably not an amp that I'd gig with, but it'd be great to have one for recording.
    <space for hire>
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Any word on a release date?
    Nope, nothing yet. It's just a prototype at the moment.
    <space for hire>
  • MK50 on a budget it's a no brainer. I love that tone
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1284
    TAKE MY MONEY. JUST TAKE MY MONEY DAMMIT... Seriously, that looks like a complete no brainer...
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JohnnyNJohnnyN Frets: 4
    Cool! Thanks for the heads up :)
    Johnny
  • Seems pretty cool.

I was going to post something about being annoyed there is never a 4ohm option on JC amps, and I don't trust myself to lose a series cable for 2 cabs (or pick up the wrong cable) etc... then I found out you can get a Palmer splitter box for £20, which you could velcro anywhere you wouldn't lose it...

The 100HDM is £333, so cheaper than most s/h decent higher powered amps, so this will be cheap.  How are they making any money?

Seems pretty cool.

I was going to post something about being annoyed there is never a 4ohm option on JC amps, and I don't trust myself to lose a series cable for 2 cabs (or pick up the wrong cable) etc... then I found out you can get a Palmer splitter box for £20, which you could velcro anywhere you wouldn't lose it...

Erm...

4 ohm outputs - right there :)

The 50W and 100W amps all have a 4 ohm option, but the 20W amps don't.

As for making money...they only sell direct through a single distributor in each country, so there's no middle man between it arriving with the distributor and getting to you.
    <space for hire>