The key to ambient guitar

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    @thisisguitar - a Big Sky and a Timeline ... quite like to look and sound of the El Capistan ...

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @Bidley - that EH YouTube video was cool ... shows what can be done with a little technology, imagination and some talent.

• @Fretwired That's some serious pedal buying there. My mate has a Timeline and he raves about it, and I have big respect for him as a player. I tried a BigSky recently, lovely sounding device. I'd probably use it for recording if I got one. To be honest I love the reverb on my Two Rock. With the two controls it's just so lush.
    @thisisguitar - I bought the pedals for recording - they certainly add something to the creative process. I doubt I'd gig with them - I'd probably go for something far simpler to use in the heat of a gig.

• @Fretwired - I can imagine how much they'd inspire in that situation, the Mobius gives me ideas just scrolling through the presets. I have to tap dance a lot for gigs, going to be interesting doing our next one as the majority are new, in different places, and on a different board :-)
  • subtle analogue chorus into modulated delay gives a nice width to the depth

• Fretwired,

How are you finding the combination of the BS and TL ?

I recently purchased a Big Sky, and I'm suprised at how much I like it, and how good and usable it sounded live. I did own a TL previously but struggled with the presets (etc) live...

However, I may have grown up a bit by now...

• Fretwired said:
    @thisisguitar - a Big Sky and a Timeline ... quite like to look and sound of the El Capistan ...
    Drew reckons the Zoom MS70CDR is a good competitor for these in terms of pure tone (obviously there are usability issues in a single-pedal form factor). Having just discovered that it's the only Zoom pedal capable of handling line level signals, I'm about to pull the trigger on one myself...
    <space for hire>
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6408
    edited December 2013
    I plan to spend excessive amounts of noodling time over Christmas getting to grips with my new toys - mirco POG, EH Superego and Eventide H9

... all plugged into my PRRI ! ;)
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • Jalapeno said:
    I plan to spend excessive amounts of noodling time over Christmas getting to grips with my new toys - mirco POG, EH Superego and Eventide H9

Reports on the Superego please when you've had a play @jalapeno. I've had a Freeze for a few years which is great fun, but being able to add effects to the frozen note looks great.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6408
    Look at Reverb Nerds - Andy Othing has a great video of one - it's what made me get it.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • Jalapeno said:
    Look at Reverb Nerds - Andy Othing has a great video of one - it's what made me get it.

Yeah I saw that when he posted it on youtube, I think I do really want one!

I'll also be spending some time over Xmas sorting out my ambient board. I've been concentrating on my set-up for the covers bands recently so I've not been noodling much with the other stuff for ages.

• JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1629
    Jalapeno said:

Reports on the Superego please when you've had a play @jalapeno. I've had a Freeze for a few years which is great fun, but being able to add effects to the frozen note looks great.

The Superego is one of the best pedals i have bought in years. And one of the cheapest. I sold a Hog because the only thing i used it for was what the Superego does. I've had it about a year and still haven't even used the loop on it. Must get round to it

• Jalapeno;110212" said:
    Never heard of this until today, and now I want every reverb pedal under the sun. He gets lovely sounds out of an rv5, I knew it was good but he really shows what it's capable of.

Gas alert.