Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Reverbs...

What's Hot
JetfireJetfire Frets: 1699
So, I have my Mesa but Im not a massive fan of the built in reverb so Id like to use the footswitchable FX loop with one. Thing is, sound wise, Id prob only really use something basic like a plate style one or something that just sounds like a built in tank but a bit more so. I keep looking at dedicated pedals, then multi fx, then Moo-ers, HOF, Hardwire etc. Am I being a snob thinking that the M9 or similar wouldnt be as a good a HOF? Stupidly, I had a HOF but sold it which would have solved all these problems.. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• The hof is bloomin amazing...

Heard great things from @drew_fx about the zoom ms70cdr, too. Just to muddy the waters even more :)

I quite liked the ehx holy grail.
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12069
    I watched the demos for both from guitarist, and the HOF sounded way better, the zoom sounded like any other digital verb going back 10 years to me
  • Imho opinion, and I have owned many, the Neunaber Wet is King. Very easy to use, very natural...

I have recently bought a Strymon Big Sky, which I grant you, is overkill. But man, what a great creative vehicle...

• ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12069
    I want a bigsky......... not really reverb anymore though, that is about texture
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6225
    Hardwire RV-7 is just superb for the dosh.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    Of the ones listed in the thread, I've tried a hardwire, zoom ms70cdr and also a cheaper biyang tri verb. The hardwire has a great plate verb. While the zoom is excellent as a multi effect unit, I imagine u want something easy to use.
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1699
    Its would be cool to have that next to my dl-8
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6225
    Branshen said:
    Of the ones listed in the thread, I've tried a hardwire, zoom ms70cdr and also a cheaper biyang tri verb. The hardwire has a great plate verb. While the zoom is excellent as a multi effect unit, I imagine u want something easy to use.
    Avoid the biyang. It sounds good for the money but they are unreliable. The mini-switches are very poor quality and mine decided to give up the ghost as have quite a few others of this particular model. The Hardwire however is built like a tank and just oozes quality.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • Mr Black Supermoon is at the very top of my current GAS list
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    Yea, Biyang's reliability isn't exactly world renown. I wish the hardwire had boss-type switches, I always like the feel better than hardwire's internal dipswitches. 
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2950
    I've had a HoF and I'm very happy with the MS70CDR I have now.
  • Totally forgot, the boss rv5. Overlooked by everyone because it's a boss pedal, but genuinely has some great sounds. No need for preset scrolling either.

If you just want a basic reverb, ehx do a couple that sound great, or there is the stereo cathedral if you want to sound huge, with a range of different sounds. Probably my favourite reverb ever, but it's quite massive. Comes way below bigsky prices, too. Not tried a bigsky but I have heard strymon reverbs from the bluesky and they sounded great, but no 'better' to my ears than the ehx. Better is subjective of course...
  • EdGripEdGrip Frets: 736
    I've got a Cathedral for sale...
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773

Just sayin' ;)
  • Drew's walkthrough of the MS70CDR pretty much made up my mind on the Zoom:

That particle reverb is awesome. I've also discovered that they can handle a line-level signal, unlike all of the other Zoom units. One of these is on the list for 1st Jan...
    <space for hire>
  • EdGrip;111902" said:
    I've got a Cathedral for sale...
    Welcome to the Fretboard your holiness.

[-O<
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• Does anybody know if the reverbs are better on the MS70CDR than the Zoom G3?

Or are they the same?
  • ddloopingddlooping Frets: 325
    edited December 2013

Does anybody know if the reverbs are better on the MS70CDR than the Zoom G3?

Or are they the same?
    Tom, I'm only guessing here but these two units use the same processor and probably the same algorithms so the reverbs should sound the same.
    However, the MS70CDR has almost 4 times as many types of reverbs than the G3. :) 

• Does anybody know if the reverbs are better on the MS70CDR than the Zoom G3?

Or are they the same?

The same, but more of them on the multistomp.
  • Multistomp is line level compatible too.